Crystal Compact

Apr 12, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone had trouble with leaks at the van connection? When water is demanded half goes into the system and half waters the site. New 'o' ring and blanking plate has not improved the problem.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
had this problem with first new swift van,they tried always to fix it but couldn't.as i was a novice(first van)i couldnt understand why they could not fix it.when all come to all,the whale pump they gave me with the caravan was the wrong one,it should have been a less powerful one,881,not 921.the problem was solved straight away.obviously to much pressure for sytem to run with 921 pump hence water was coming backover

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Suggest you look at the connection while not using water -i.e. with the system under pressure. If there is a slow leak or dribble thne, the most likely casue is a cracked thread on the fitting - the place into which the filter screws. Unfortunately, the only answe is a new housing. This is a very poor bit of design given the use to which it will be put.

The most likely casue of such cracks is tightening the filter cartfidge too much. They actually have a small stop built into the thread, but nuless you are very careful it is easy to over-ride this and crack the moulding. Rather than the food oil carver sugguest you apply to this thread, try some of the silicone grease used for pushfit domestic plumbing fittings. it is Water Board approved for drinking water and will stay in the thread much more readily than oil. With this you should not require any tools to tighten the cartfidge - finger force should do. My last new caravan came with the filter so tight that the lugs bent while getting it our and , needless to say, the housing was cracked (replaced under warranty).

TRENDING THREADS