Damage Barton - Devon

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi

We are off to Damage Barton (CC) site at the end of August for 2 weeks, and we are really looking forward to it.

Does anyone have any experience, or stayed at this site.

Thanks

Sam

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
Yes, we stayed there a few years ago. Nice site, quite exposed though, and it was wet and windy while we were there. Good facilities block. We had a serviced pitch.

If I remember correctly the lane to it is pretty narrow in places.

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi Sam,

We haven't stayed there (were on Easewell Farm just up the road) but visited and looked at facilities - I don't think you'll be disappointed. We would much prefer to have stayed at Damage Barton. The site slopes gently towards the sea in a sort of cliff top location and the views are simply stunning, dramatic scenery. If I remember rightly it is on a working farm and you can have tractor rides around. Great facilites, very clean, little shop which also is a mine of information/leaflets etc. Yes, the road to it is a little bit narrow but the woolacombe parc double deckers are regular users to and from their three sites so don't think for a minute it will be a problem. Woolacombe beach is my favourite beach in the UK but the tide does come in quickly as I found to my cost! Sainsburys in Barnstaple, Panier Market too (3 yrs ago anyway), Tesco in Ilfracombe which is nearer. Three Woolacombe Bay sites in very close proximity and, although we had paid to stay at Easewell Farm one August in our van, and last year in Golden Coast in a chalet, we were never once challenged for our passes for entry to the clubhouses and entertainment. Say no more. There is a golf course on Easewell and you can buy bus tickets from there or from Twitchen Parc or Golden Coast via ticket machines. The buses (open top ususally) take a circular route and stop at all the parcs and go through the town and to the beach. No reason why you can't hop on one, don't think they'd mind as long as you've paid the fare even if you're not staying at the camps. Can't remember how much it is but its not expensive. I remember we had a row one day and I was happy as larry trundling round and round in circles until I'd calmed down lol. There is a lighthouse that you can walk to, and it is a walk I can assure you, but nevertheless its quite dramatic scenery once you get there. The church in Mortehoe is very pretty and quaint if you like that sort of thing, a little cream tea shop opposite. If you keep the church on your right and walk a short way there is a gate and you can walk to the clifftop (right of way). Once you've negotiated the sheep poo you are rewarded with the most fabulous views of Woolacombe Bay itself and we chose to take quite a few pics as it is so beautiful - don't ask me to upload them though, just take my word!

Yes Damage Barton is somewhat open and exposed I have to say, so take your woolies just in case, a small price to pay for the views. Maybe not the best place to stay if the wind is blowing a hoolie but it is Summer after all, I'm sure you'll love it! Have fun, wish I was coming too.

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Sam,

We haven't stayed there (were on Easewell Farm just up the road) but visited and looked at facilities - I don't think you'll be disappointed. We would much prefer to have stayed at Damage Barton. The site slopes gently towards the sea in a sort of cliff top location and the views are simply stunning, dramatic scenery. If I remember rightly it is on a working farm and you can have tractor rides around. Great facilites, very clean, little shop which also is a mine of information/leaflets etc. Yes, the road to it is a little bit narrow but the woolacombe parc double deckers are regular users to and from their three sites so don't think for a minute it will be a problem. Woolacombe beach is my favourite beach in the UK but the tide does come in quickly as I found to my cost! Sainsburys in Barnstaple, Panier Market too (3 yrs ago anyway), Tesco in Ilfracombe which is nearer. Three Woolacombe Bay sites in very close proximity and, although we had paid to stay at Easewell Farm one August in our van, and last year in Golden Coast in a chalet, we were never once challenged for our passes for entry to the clubhouses and entertainment. Say no more. There is a golf course on Easewell and you can buy bus tickets from there or from Twitchen Parc or Golden Coast via ticket machines. The buses (open top ususally) take a circular route and stop at all the parcs and go through the town and to the beach. No reason why you can't hop on one, don't think they'd mind as long as you've paid the fare even if you're not staying at the camps. Can't remember how much it is but its not expensive. I remember we had a row one day and I was happy as larry trundling round and round in circles until I'd calmed down lol. There is a lighthouse that you can walk to, and it is a walk I can assure you, but nevertheless its quite dramatic scenery once you get there. The church in Mortehoe is very pretty and quaint if you like that sort of thing, a little cream tea shop opposite. If you keep the church on your right and walk a short way there is a gate and you can walk to the clifftop (right of way). Once you've negotiated the sheep poo you are rewarded with the most fabulous views of Woolacombe Bay itself and we chose to take quite a few pics as it is so beautiful - don't ask me to upload them though, just take my word!

Yes Damage Barton is somewhat open and exposed I have to say, so take your woolies just in case, a small price to pay for the views. Maybe not the best place to stay if the wind is blowing a hoolie but it is Summer after all, I'm sure you'll love it! Have fun, wish I was coming too.
Thank you Valerie, for all the information.

It makes me even more excited about going now.

We are there for 2 weeks, so we are going to try and explore the surrounding areas, and just have a nice relaxing time.

Sam x

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts