Damp Meter

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi can anyone advise where we can buy a caravan damp meter from. We had the van serviced the other day and the reading was high in one part, we think it is down to the awning rail needing re-sealing and before we book it in anywhere we thought we would try to re-seal and dry out. B & Q advertise one but it does not say for use in caravans?

any advice would be appreciated

Annie

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Annie...
After having to do a major damp repair myself two years ago all because it was not picked up on the service, due to it being behind a fixed seat & I only found it by chance,
smiley-yell.gif

I now keep it all in check with one of these It's easy to use & you calibrate it every time you use it....

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Annie, my damp problem was hidden away & now when i check the area of new timber that i put in i use the same holes, but the Internal wall boards are covered in a foil laminate which is waterproof & you have got to get past that to check the level of damp in the timbers, or use one of the newer non invasive damp meters, but I cant see it being a problem checking with a normal meter, you can find places to check quite easily without it showing in the backs of the cupboards & in the lockers...& by lifting back the window seals carefully you can check there aswell, what i did do with mine is to make the cap totally removable so it's not in the way when testing....

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
2 areas in the back corners of my caravan get wet with condensation when i use the van in winter. If i go making holes in these areas with one of these damp meters am i not potentially creating a damp problem by giving this wetness a route through the waterproof wall covering into the timber behind?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts