Damp Van on Dealers Forecourt!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
So we have thought about changing the van for an island bed version, tootled over to local dealer to find a Sterling Eccles Quartz 2013
they have advertised.
Looking around it and felt it could be the van for us UNTIL the damp in the offside rear top corner was bought to our attention by the salesman!!
Then the damp under the window in the bedroom!!!
I also noticed a massive split in the front curved rooflight, this I was told the replacement was already on order.
All the damp work would be done before it was released!!!
The salesman told us the rear corners had already been repaired by placing the swift "cap's" on the corners, and they were not fitted correctly, hence why they are still leaking!
roof light replaced if it arrived on time, if not bring it back and they would change it.
Question is WHY was the van even on the forecourt and advertised for sale at over £16K with all the problems, surely it would have been better to repair it all BEFORE it went for sale?

PS, Give the salesman his due he was honest and up front

And no I'm not buying it!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm looking for a new (Second hand) car, and several I have seen on forecourts have been cleaned (all except one) and looked like a new penny, but digging around I have found many with faults and the usual response has been "we'll put all the things right when we prepare it for its new owner just before hand over".

I suppose it means just one visit to the workshop rather than two.

Reactions: Gagakev
May 7, 2012
Visit site
I think the answer may be that prices are high now and they may drop off in Winter, so they would like to get a deal on it now. At least they were honest as to the problems which is good, although I would still not touch it.

Reactions: Gagakev and JezzerB
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
So we have thought about changing the van for an island bed version, tootled over to local dealer to find a Sterling Eccles Quartz 2013
they have advertised.
Looking around it and felt it could be the van for us UNTIL the damp in the offside rear top corner was bought to our attention by the salesman!!
Then the damp under the window in the bedroom!!!
I also noticed a massive split in the front curved rooflight, this I was told the replacement was already on order.
All the damp work would be done before it was released!!!
The salesman told us the rear corners had already been repaired by placing the swift "cap's" on the corners, and they were not fitted correctly, hence why they are still leaking!
roof light replaced if it arrived on time, if not bring it back and they would change it.
Question is WHY was the van even on the forecourt and advertised for sale at over £16K with all the problems, surely it would have been better to repair it all BEFORE it went for sale?

PS, Give the salesman his due he was honest and up front

And no I'm not buying it!!
Hi Kev i would not touch it look at some more caravans good hunting (y)

Reactions: Gagakev

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts