Damp

Sep 12, 2017
Hi I have bought a Lunar clubman 460 2 ek it was very cheap just needs some work... as you stand in it you have the shower infront of you so all that right hand side of the caravan is damp...

Any ideas how to sort it please?

Also I need 4 corner steadies and can't find them anywhere?

It also needs a new battery as I tested the one that was in it and it is scrap

Many thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Tompreston94 said:
Hi I have bought a Lunar clubman 460 2 ek it was very cheap just needs some work... as you stand in it you have the shower infront of you so all that right hand side of the caravan is damp...

Any ideas how to sort it please?

Also I need 4 corner steadies and can't find them anywhere?

It also needs a new battery as I tested the one that was in it and it is buggered

Many thanks
You should have placed this in the technical section. But it seem you may have purchased a money pit

Aug 23, 2009
Before you go any further I would start by looking to see how much it would worth when completed. It may well not be worth doing the work. The corner steadies alone could tip the project into not viable. Wait and see what the technically minded boffins on here have to say then do the maths.

Mar 8, 2009
If it needs 4 corner steadies I suspect it has been well and truly misused/abused, needing 4 corner steadies probably means they have been used for 'jacking' up the caravan and may well be associated with other serious damage and expensive damage to floor area. Sounds as though you may have bought alot of expense and trouble! Sorry for being so pessimistic to you. but good luck - certainly think you'll need it.

Aug 7, 2017
Not sure about the corner steadies but 6 weeks ago I bought my first caravan and being a novice i didn't know what to look for when buying a caravan. Paid 5k and had it dropped off at my home where closer inspection and alot of feeling around the walls revealed 2 major issues with rotten batterns and wall boards although they had temporary repaired the leaks.
Thanks to this site I have replaced all the rotten battern and wall boards using 3.6mm ply and decorated and it looks as good as new if not better. I've also taken off all outside rails and resealed just for peace of mind and only the seals around the front window to sort when the weather is better. To date i've spent just under £200 so most damage can be sorted but weight up what it could owe you once its finished.

youtube has some great video's also ;)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts