Dealer Specials based on the Sprite Major 4FB

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I have read a few of the reviews on the Sprite Major 4FB

and Dealer Special based on this van

Does anyone own any of these vans and how do you find them ?

From reading the reviews the dealer specials are well put together and good value with the extra kit

even if the shower is not fully lined and doesn't have an electric plate as well as the 3 gas burners ;)

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
weyr said:
From reading the reviews the dealer specials are well put together and good value with the extra kit

Please note that the dealers do not add the extras, the specials come off the manufacturers' production line just as normal ones do, so 'well put together' is meaningless. The specials are between one model range and another regarding kit and have special graphics/names to distinguish them. Normally the dealers can get them at a special price.

Practical Caravan magazine quite often includes comparison charts listing all the dealer specials available together with their kit list and suppliers, so have a look at some back issues.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Woodlands,

I'm not sure the manufacturers produce all specials for dealers.

In years gone by, I know that at least two Midlands dealers took stock production vans and customised them in their own workshops. I can't see manufacturers being very amenable to changing basic production specifications even at the end of line. I'd be worried about the factory assemblers having the necessary experience or training required to fit some of the extras properly. Crikey that have enough trouble producing basic vans yet alone specials!

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
My Lunar Conquest was indeed made by Lunar. It is basically a Quasar but has some features found in the Clubman range, eg heavy duty steadies, alarm, sprung mattresses, larger Heki rooflight, mood lighting, etc. There is one dealer-fitted option that we took on and that is the omnivent van in the rooflight over the kitchen. We had to wait and our van was the 5th in a production run batch of 5 direct from Lunar to the dealer. The dealer then did the pdi and fitted the fan.

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Review of the "Dealer Specials " either online video or mainstream magazine reviewers seem to like them for good value and have commented on well made.
It doesn't hurt to ask if anyone has one and how are they.
Will be able to look at two versions of the van in about two weeks

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Been able to check one of these dealer special vans out

Nice van, well laid out, ticks a lot of boxes

Slight snag for me I am not a small chap and I can get into the shower but that is about it

Rather a tight squeeze for me

so we are looking at a different van now

May 7, 2012
Visit site
When looking at dealer specials you have to look at the extras and decide what you want from them and then see if the extra cost is worth it yo you. If you do not want the upgraded upholstery and some of the other extras you might find you are better off with the standard model.
Another point we found is that the dealers were offering a lower trade in against the special and when we queried this they said the extras had to be paid for another point tochevk out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts