dedicated tv area in swifts

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi all

Can anyone shed any light on the new swift challenger drop down dedicated area for the tv (the bit that can be raised with the tv in therefore hiding it away).

I have benn looking for a small tv/dvd unit as having the dvd in the tv would be much neater but the back of tv cant be any wider than 3" at my measuring, does anyone have this type of unit and can you recommend a tv that is suitable please.

Regards Maddy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
ihave the new swift challenger 570 with the dedicated tv cupboard and i had to buy a avtex 15d and it fits perfect
Hi tony

thanks for your reply, does this one have a built in dvd?

Lowdham thought it might be too big but thats great if yours fits, its the one I wanted too.

Regards Maddy

Nov 7, 2008
Visit site
Hi tony

thanks for your reply, does this one have a built in dvd?

Lowdham thought it might be too big but thats great if yours fits, its the one I wanted too.

Regards Maddy
hi ya maddy its built in cd player dvd player free view and digital 240 volt 12 volt power. put in avtex 15d in google all the info you need,it definatley fits in our challenger 570 and turns so you can watch it in bed

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site
Hmmmmm! that makes me cross!!! I e-mailed Swift when we decided to get our 570 and asked what TVs would fit. I specifically asked about an Avtex as we wanted one. They sent me a diagram with dimensions and advised that an avtex wouldn't fit (confirmed by dimensions on the Avtex website). They supplied a list of Tv's that would fit and I bought one of them (not that good, either).

Be aware that the mechanism is not particularly well thought out, the litle chrome plated turnbuckle on ours allows too much vertical play and as a result the plastic catch which secures the slide will break. Two have broken already and I have had to make up a metal cover to secure it as our dealer has failed to supply one. Also the rubberised friction roller pops out every time it's lowered, it's a right Heath Robinson affair! While I'm on my soapbox does any one know how to stop the plastic trim/blind assemply from the Seitz roof light from falling off every 5 miles?

Nov 7, 2008
Visit site
big foot the pdi guy who went through the caravanwith me told me to keep the chrome tube lubricated with silicon spay other wise its liable to stick and become dislodged or even broken,the problem i have is opening the slot after traveling sometimes it seems the catch gets caught on the edge

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site
Tony, thanks for that.

I reckon that the application of silicone (which I've had to do anyway to make the contraption work) sort of negates the purpose of the rollers. If you look at the way it's constructed the rollers will enable the upward movement of the slide but will slow the downward movement similar to a Spragg Clutch mechanism. Presumably to allow the easy stowage of the Tv but to try and prevent, in the event of the faliure of the catches, the Tv from plummeting from it's hidey hole and through the worktop below into the heater. Methinks the PDI man speaks with forked tongue as they say.

Regards, Bigfoot.

Nov 7, 2008
Visit site
Tony, thanks for that.

I reckon that the application of silicone (which I've had to do anyway to make the contraption work) sort of negates the purpose of the rollers. If you look at the way it's constructed the rollers will enable the upward movement of the slide but will slow the downward movement similar to a Spragg Clutch mechanism. Presumably to allow the easy stowage of the Tv but to try and prevent, in the event of the faliure of the catches, the Tv from plummeting from it's hidey hole and through the worktop below into the heater. Methinks the PDI man speaks with forked tongue as they say.

Regards, Bigfoot.

the pdi man,seemed like a genuine guy who was a avid caravanner himself,who told me the avetex 15d would fit.

Jul 12, 2007
Visit site
Tony, thanks for that.

Regards, Bigfoot.
We also have a 570 with trouble with the TV bracket/holder/slide. Spoke to Swift and described problem with the rollers and they wanted the whole unit taken out and sent back to them. As I'm not confident that it would all go back properly and that the woodwork would ever look the same again I refused and I've taken off the rollers and bent the brackets back to the proper shape myself whilst awaiting replacements from my dealer. I agree with staying away from the silicon spray - it will defeat the object. I've also had the catch break, so I hope that there will be some sort of modification offered at its first service - we will see !!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts