Deflating air awnings

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Air awning question. If you have an air awning is there anything you do to remove ALL the air from the tubes making it easier and more compact to pack away? I did think of using a vacuum cleaner, but due to shape of outlets on air awnings difficult to get a good connection.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
Does your pump have a 'deflate' on it as well as inflate. We normally do that then as rolling it up squeeze as much remaining air out as possible by leaving all the valves open.

Jul 3, 2020
Visit site
Most of the hand pumps for air awnings will have a 'deflate'. you just have to remember to remove the pressure gauge when you swap the side over (lessoned learnt the hard way)

I let the air out naturally at first, then use the pump to suck the rest out.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Does your pump have a 'deflate' on it as well as inflate. We normally do that then as rolling it up squeeze as much remaining air out as possible by leaving all the valves open.
We use the Gale to pump it up however we do have an Kampa pump as a backup, but it does not seem to have a deflate option? Not sure if there is an accessory that you add to the end for deflating? The Kampa pump has a pressure gauge on top.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Most of the hand pumps for air awnings will have a 'deflate'. you just have to remember to remove the pressure gauge when you swap the side over (lessoned learnt the hard way) I let the air out naturally at first, then use the pump to suck the rest out.

We bought a universal pump from a campsite shop earlier in the year for £9.99. Went to swap it over for the new Kampa pump and found that it had a "Deflate" option on it so thanks for mentioning it. :D

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
If doing it without a pump, on a Vango you have to push and turn the oval shaped valve on a spring thing which is in the centre of inflation point. This releases the air. In theory if you have pushed and turned correctly the valve stays open and the air is Squeezed out as you roll the awning up. In practice we have yet to master this and so as we fold it we make sure that the valve stays on the outside of the fabric in the folding sequence so that as the OH rolls it up, I have got my finger on the valve holding it pushed and turned. Sounds as tortuous as it is, but it is all about team work. ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts