Dense Fog & Frosty today

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Was at work sat am and at 5.50 I watched the fog suddenly appear. There's a Steven King movie about that? One minute it was beautiful next , pea soup. Very strange mind it's the Trent.

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
-
Was at work sat am and at 5.50 I watched the fog suddenly appear. There's a Steven King movie about that? One minute it was beautiful next , pea soup. Very strange mind it's the Trent.
Not at all strange... The temperature drops quite dramatically as the sky lightens. If in a river valley, the warmer air over the water gets trapped holding an amount of water, the temp above that drops quickly, condensing out the fog... It's called a temperature inversion...

Reactions: JezzerB
Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Aha can you tell I gave up geography as soon as, teachers were vile. !!!Thank you. That's amazing and nicely explained, maybe I ought to study it a bit as I do find it interesting.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
When taking my dogs this morning at 5.30 am on my mobility scooter it was foggy and cold and looking at people going to work using windscreen de icer

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
Aha can you tell I gave up geography as soon as, teachers were vile. !!!Thank you. That's amazing and nicely explained, maybe I ought to study it a bit as I do find it interesting.
Pleasure... I'm a RYA Cruising Instructor, and went on a met course that was FANTASTIC about 10 years ago... It was run by the guy who did the weather routing for the Clipper Round the World Race a couple of years before and was undertaking a Met MSc at the same time... I can bore on weather for England!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts