Desk all but cleared, phone and email on divert!

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Yes,nearly free at last free at last. A few payments to make and little sis and I pick up her girls from school with the caravan in tow and off we zoom to see how the Norfolk Line cafe can tickle our taste buds on route to France.

Big evil XXXX x XXXX towing twin axle, routed by satnav, and no doubt at some point on route we'll do 70mph plus and we may take a break in an aire and overnight on Autoroute service area.

I have French credit cards that work in all their petrol pumps and we'll use mainly Autoroutes all the way.

We do it our way! there are plenty of shops in France and if we've missed something they will sell it! Or some nice person will assist us!

We will not have any problem getting the large caravan parked or levelled, neither of us has ever needed to level our caravans in France as the pitches have always been level.

Should polarity be wrong,there is a simple screwdriver in the tools tray that we can both use to sort the problem with out needing yet another "tail" to carry.

As much as we appreciate offers of help from gents on sites we can put the Isabella up in with ease, the poles are colour coded with insulation tape and we will no doubt amaze and entertain other caravanners again with our awning building prowess.

If the girls can't live without the TV we have our faithful laminated "satellite for caravanners" guide and compass and the LCD will boom out MTV within a few minutes.

Before anyone gets to concerned we have the nose weight spot on 100kg's and it was a two or three minute job. Should we have a puncture we have girlie extended arm wheel nut wrench and know how to use the car and caravan jacks and have the keys to the locking nuts in a secure place.

We also have a map that we can both use , Michelin route and net access and a small portable printer if we have any problems. The satnav has hypermarts, bars, cafes, fuel stations, speed cameras and more and our Nokia's have satnav and all dancing and singing communication access.

We've both done these trip many times, we have no concerns about security on route, we are not stupid. Buying fuel is easy, gazoil is diesel and sansplom unleaded, getting sites and access is also not a problem. We've never visited a site without finding a helpfull person who can speak English. If you should need Medical treatment you will be hard pressed to beat the French doctors and French Chemists will advise you and prescribe some good remedies without the need to go to a Doctor as well.

France is not some 3rd world country, for anyone thinking of going put the old wives tales to one side and just do it. There is less traffic and you could travel 500 plus miles in a day far easier there than us getting the 125 miles to Dover at times.

Two bottles of gas will do fine as we are only away for two weeks and they will last 3 to 4 weeks.

We're doing it our way again and feel that others should just try and do it without worrying about concerns that I've read on this forum.

Off to enjoy some sun without speeding worry mongers and those that will take any general comment as a personal insult to their way of life or beliefs.

Thanks to Moderator Ken today and I hope that he is right and that a new forum engine arrives soon this year!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I'm taking bets that she leaves her shades behind.

Have a good trip :O)

I was going to ask if I could smuggle in the back of the van but with all women .... hmmmm better not :O)

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Mmnnnn, 9, 13 and 14 year old nieces with us Lord B, I don't think you could handle the shreiking, cackling and three of them singing along to three different tracks on their ipods at the same time.

Were not even sure that we can :

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Sisters are doing it for themselves! You go girls!

Just started touring ourselves and Rob doesn't like towing so seems to have become Claire's job. She's not bothered though cos she's threatening to go away without Rob now she knows she can tow.

Bon voyage!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts