Diamond brite...yay or nay

Nov 17, 2019
Visit site
Is it worth the money to get my new caravan treated with Diamond Brite paint and upholstery protection.

I intend to keep the van for at least 10 years God willing. So would like to hear from people that have used it as well as people that have not had it done but either regret or are happy not having spent for the treatment

Thank you
Graham

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Read honest john www.honestjohn.co.uk about these-he talks about cars but the principal is the same but he says basically if you are the sort of person who likes to clean and polish your caravan fairly regularly (me) then don't bother.
If you don't then it is probably worth doing-there are lots of different companies out there gtechniq being one of the best car treatments but as he says the majority of the cost is labour-for the treatment-not the treatment itself which you can find on ebay-for example Autoglym lfeshine can be bought off there and done yourself-easy job of a cleaner polish on and off then the coating-poish on and off(did a car myself in a different makers coating).

In any case he recommends if you are paying to have it done, negotiate a discount!

I really rate Carplan number 1 topgloss-really easy to apply-it's like water and you just rub it on a clean van-lasts 6 months rather than a year that they claim imo BUT it is SOOOO easy-far easier than a polish and the effect is very good.you can tell I love this subject sorry but am a bit of a car and caravan cleaning nut!

To get a really good finish, wax the caravan/ car and then apply a sealant like number 1 topgloss over the top of that. I like carnauba based waxes. To an older van apply a cleaner polish eg autoglym super resin polish first.

Reactions: jim_374397633
Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Not had it applied myself, but I would not pay for it. A similar product was applied to my Wife's car gratis, and it lasted about 18 months to 2 years. I would purchase my own protective products and do the work myself. Personally I use the Gtechniq ceramic coatings (C2) and Fabric coating (I1).

Jul 1, 2019
Visit site
No it’s not good stuff it won’t last and don’t work get some fenwicks bobby dazzler or the gtechniq that’s the proper stuff to use

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I had it done on the last car but I cannot see any difference to the ones where it was not done. I would not bother again.

Nov 17, 2019
Visit site
Thank you all for your views. I think l will do the work myself as l have spoken to a car detailer who says unless the van is spotless then it is not going to work as it should.

Cheers

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We had our new caravan done with Paintseal on October 2017 and it was worth every penny. Dirt washes off easily and the caravan still looks like new and we do not have to apply new conditioner annually. If we ever had to buy another caravan we would have Paintseal applied.
Just to balance things many years ago we bought a new car and had it treated with Diamondbrite. After a year we had to apply conditioner to keep up the warranty. Gave up as the car looked no different to any other car.

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
We had Paintseal applied to our van when purchased in 2013, still good today, we ran out of the shampoo supplied by Paintseal but a friendly detailer said just use Fairy non bio clothes washing liquid. Works a treat.
But if we wanted to protect another van I would contact a firm called Tourershine, they have excellent reviews and they come to you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts