Did my towing course this afternoon

Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
So having previously never towed anything before, I did a three hour introduction course today. So glad I did it. The instructor was fantastic and made a point of being guided by what I felt the need to practice. The main focus was on safely hitching and unhitching as well as reversing. Don't mean to blow my own trumpet, but I took to it really well and had a lot of fun in the process. We also did about an hour out on the road. I'd recommend a course like this to anyone new to towing or who hasn't done it for a long time and want brush up on their skills. I feel cautiously confident now about towing my caravan when I first pick it up.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thats great news, the courses are fsntastic, now is the real learning on the roads,
Don't get bullied by other drivers on roundabouts, take it steady as you enter, the racers will come in, as long as you have entered first, you have the right of way. .

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Yesterday at the caravan show the CAMC people doing the caravan manoeuvring sat around twiddling their thumbs. However this was at about mid day when we were leaving the show so maybe they got busier later? Always worth doing anything to improve your driving skills. Although we have a motor mover I still prefer to reverse into our storage location or onto a pitch unless it is too confined making turning the vehicle difficult i.e. continental sites.

Reactions: Bluetonic
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Very sensible approach and hope all goes well now. When we started out I am not sure that there were that many courses, but as my parents towed regularly I had more help there than many.

Reactions: Bluetonic
Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Well done, now you can relax and enjoy your first trip away,

No such thing as towing course when I started towing, and over run brakes were the stuff of expensive legend.

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
Well done, now you can relax and enjoy your first trip away,

No such thing as towing course when I started towing, and over run brakes were the stuff of expensive legend.
When i past my test i got a job in the plant hire industry , on you go deliver this 1.5ton mini digger with the plant trailer over in the corner lol.

That was my training lol.

• Haha
Reactions: DaveA1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts