Did you you know this.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
We have been in lock down
since early March and have been trying to order from Sainsbury and Tesco several time a day with no success. Whilst talking to my son on the phone he said give me what you want and I will get Sainsbury to deliver, now he lives over ninety miles away which made me think how could he do that.
So he ordered in his name and few days later it came . The way it was done was just use our address for delivery in which I had no idea about that could be done . Did you know?.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I was in Sainsburys this morning and they wanted me to have their click and collect card they pick your shopping and youcollect it but they can't give people delivery slots

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Yes we order and have it delivered to my 84 father in law who is in isolation (or should be-took him a while to get the message).Amazon will do this too but the real find in this is some of the smaller shops eg Spar doing deliveries and taking phone orders etc.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We have Sainsbury’s deliver but you can only have one delivery every 7 days and you can’t preorder another delivery if you have one outstanding. We add stuff for our daughter who has a 15 year old at home plus her 27 year old has arrived back too. As our daughter works for the NHS providing community mental health care for elderly people we like to try and reduce her need to go to the shops as far as practicable.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I was in Sainsburys this morning and they wanted me to have their click and collect card they pick your shopping and youcollect it but they can't give people delivery slots
They were trying to keep delivery slots for 70+ and extremely vulnerable and let “ younger folks” have click and collect. Must admit after shopping at Sainsbury’s for years it’s a first for us to use home delivery. I will find it difficult to go back to traditional shopping as not being the most patient person, standing in a 2 m spaced line in potentially wet weather does nothing for me. 🤭

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
We stopped having home deliveries three years ago from ASDA everything started ok but gradually they delivered our oder with a lot of the stuff missing "Not available" it was not a case of not available but could not be bothered, I asked the delivery driver what was going and they just told me the usual rubbish so we stopped having them, but on occasions we went over there to shop and never had a problem with filling our trolly,

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i was given priority of getting a delivery slot at Sainsbury when i got on there was not any slots left . Had no problem at Asda i booked every week since with them so far they have been spot on . i have nothing but praise for them ..

Reactions: JezzerB
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I get slots fairly easily from whichever store I log on to, I have a recurring slot with Asda which takes away the need to look for a slot which I only do when there are specific items we need from a particular store, I’m able to skip an Asda recurrent slot which I do early in the week which then means an extra slot for others, my personal opinion of supermarkets efforts to keep everyone fed has been amazing, people say they have just done everything to profit from the current situation which does not seem to be true judging from reports of sales figures, I spoke to a delivery driver about people stockpiling and his view was that it was those people who caused the problems and he said normal trading levels meant he would often go out fully loaded with enough space for his entire number of deliveries for the day, when people were stockpiling it would be often a single customer who’s order would use the entire van, he remembered one customers shopping costing over £850, those people should be ashamed, as a shielded person I get the gov food parcel delivered which I still accept as there of several people nearby who have little, and I manage to keep them supplied with a few items each week.

BP

Reactions: otherclive
Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
If I spend £100 on supermarket shopping the trolly is full so a £850 shop how many trollies would you need eight trollies, ha, ha, I think that driver was pulling you leg,

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
The driver said his entire van was completely fully loaded with groceries and the entire van load was for a single customer, he reckoned that for a couple of weeks leading up to the full lockdown he was regularly going out and having a single drop or more often having a full load that would be gone in 2 drops and then back to the store for refilling, normally he would have a full load which would take his entire day to deliver to multi drops, before I was told to stay at home it was manic in the supermarkets and you would often see people with 2 or 3 trolleys of groceries so I don’t think for one minute he was exaggerating, people were fighting at times in stores over pasta and loo paper, unbelievable sights were shown on tv of empty shelves and people stampeding around the isles.

BP

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Yes I'm aware of what the epidemic was like in the supermarkets , that much food I can understand for a care home but for one person they must have a lot of storage space and freezer space plus how much did they end up throwing away greedy sods, if it was for one person what was the supermarket doing letting them have all that,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts