Diesel or Petrol????

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Seth1, during my travels around the world whilst working, almost every country I went to, the locals had exactly the same gripe about their Goverments with the Exception on Norway. Its not just the Uk that gets ripped off, its most of the world by their own goverment ministers.
I am still going to drive my diesel 4 x 4.
Hutch.

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Seth1, during my travels around the world whilst working, almost every country I went to, the locals had exactly the same gripe about their Goverments with the Exception on Norway. Its not just the Uk that gets ripped off, its most of the world by their own goverment ministers.
I am still going to drive my diesel 4 x 4.
Hutch.
..clearly you have never watched DAG.. a Norwegian comedy of sorts .lol

Oct 28, 2006
Visit site
Yes Hutch, and out of all the countrys you visited how much of the manufacturing companys were owned by the same country.Ask the same question about the uk.
The English Navy orders some new vessels,the steel to build the hulls comes from Sweden???????
Redcar steel foundry shut last month,the UK government going to sort a deal with China to build a neuclear power station and from what ive been told on the ground of Redcar!!!!!!!!
The last of the deep mines shut also last month,with at least 1000 years of coal left down there,just to finalise it the shaft is going to be pumped full of concrete.Instead coal will come from abroad because of price.But bear in mind its cheaper for one reason-lack of health and safety.So why is this country encourageing this method.
The local police forces driving around in Kia cars,when we have Vauxhall in cheshire.I really could go on and on.

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
seth1 said:
Yes Hutch, and out of all the countrys you visited how much of the manufacturing companys were owned by the same country.Ask the same question about the uk.
The English Navy orders some new vessels,the steel to build the hulls comes from Sweden???????
Redcar steel foundry shut last month,the UK government going to sort a deal with China to build a neuclear power station and from what ive been told on the ground of Redcar!!!!!!!!
The last of the deep mines shut also last month,with at least 1000 years of coal left down there,just to finalise it the shaft is going to be pumped full of concrete.Instead coal will come from abroad because of price.But bear in mind its cheaper for one reason-lack of health and safety.So why is this country encourageing this method.
The local police forces driving around in Kia cars,when we have Vauxhall in cheshire.I really could go on and on.
so what.. yes i know that sounds harsh but business is not just about production of goods but if we stay with automobiles then .we have Honda and Nissan building cars here both Japanese companies. mini is owed by BWM as is Rolls Royce vw has Bentley but who cares. they build them here so creating jobs for us they sell them across Europe in an open market. and in all the British brands i named they are more of a success now than going back decades.indeed you mentioned vauxhall isn't that now a subsidiary of Opel?. a another German company? owed by GM an american company?.. on the other side of the coin British companies like Dyson and triumph motorcycles have manufacturing plants in Asia you could say these all British companies are giving away potentual British jobs ...

Oct 28, 2006
Visit site
100% correct,we all understand that,no issues and yes it would seem the previous uk owners of the said brands couldnt make them work,no surprise there.But really they are only assemble plants,the engineering is done elsewere and were does the profit end up?But forget the motor trade for a minute,what about everything else,all the jobs lost,kids leaving school,to do what,go in debt at university come out to no job except maybe mcdonalds.Nearby to us there is 3 production plants that have closed through foriegn ownership.Feeding people full of rubbish including the goverment to the tune of 25million.Give over.

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
seth1 said:
100% correct,we all understand that,no issues and yes it would seem the previous uk owners of the said brands couldnt make them work,no surprise there.But really they are only assemble plants,the engineering is done elsewere and were does the profit end up?But forget the motor trade for a minute,what about everything else,all the jobs lost,kids leaving school,to do what,go in debt at university come out to no job except maybe mcdonalds.Nearby to us there is 3 production plants that have closed through foriegn ownership.Feeding people full of rubbish including the goverment to the tune of 25million.Give over.
i don't pretend to understand how an economy really works seth .does anyone? if you have 5 economist in a room you will still have at least 2 opinions on whats best...what i do know is i left school in 79 and college in 81 the time of 3 million jobless and a far smaller population and many industry were already on there knees in so many ways..apprenticeship were in short demand . so nothing new about industries going to pot nothing new about job loss's and skill shortages.and no jobs for the next generation. its sad but we had all that in the 80s . i know you know all that and i dont have an answer except things changed and we didn't become a third world country,we still have one of the better economies around..

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Very interesting topic.
I have just read all 9 pages of posts.
Firstly most of the rise in co2 according to a bbc world news program I saw 3 years ago was being attributed to deforestation in south america which contradicts the
Governments argument that it is us car drivers at fault.
Secondly adding road tax to fuel might seem to be back fairer alternative, but as this would cost haulage companies the earth it would push up the cost of all goods and food. This alone would be a major cause of greater poverty in this country.
Thirdly the amount we give in foreign aid to countries who have their own nuclear programs and space programs is absurd, if they can afford those they don't need our cash.
Fourthly yes there h as been a rise in sales of smaller cars brought about by the low ved costs, once you start charging more why buy a small car, buy something big and comfortable.
Finally as a disabled driver my car is my lifeline, without it I would be houseboat d for most of the winter as using an electric wheelchair in the cold and wet is not a pleasant experience, so let's leave things as they are we already pay enough in taxes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts