Difficulty accessing forum

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I posted a question yesterday regarding travellers' caravans but can't seem to get back into it to read the replies. When I click on the link, I just get the 'post a reply' message. Can anyone tell me what to do?

Thank you.

JennMor

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Birdman101 - thanks, but yes, I've tried that; still doesn't work. Given I'm very interested in the topic I posted and would like to respond to people - if it isn't asking too much, could you go into my other post and ask people there who've been kind enough to post to re-post here, or would that be a breach of forum etiquette?

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Birdman101 - thanks, but yes, I've tried that; still doesn't work. Given I'm very interested in the topic I posted and would like to respond to people - if it isn't asking too much, could you go into my other post and ask people there who've been kind enough to post to re-post here, or would that be a breach of forum etiquette?

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
You’re not alone JennMor. When I go to that thread all I get is the heading then a blank screen, your text isn’t there. I note there have been 5 replies but they don’t appear either. One for the techies?

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I've just re-posted my enquiry. I can now access it but it's saying 'TOPIC LOCKED' in big red letters. Is this censorship because I'm referring to travellers?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Jenn
Apologies for not seeing this post before you added another topic which I've temporarily locked to prevent the thread being scattered all over the forum before we've had chance to find out what the problem is on the original topic.
Are you using Internet Explorer 9 by any chance?
If so please Click Here and follow the simple instructions to activate the compatibility function for this website.
If this is not the case, click onto your original topic and click on 'Disable Rich Text' which will be at the bottom left of the comment box.
Let me know if you can then read the topic.
Your original post was:
I would really appreciate your expert advice on something. My local council is planning to put a travellers' site at the end of the cul-de-sac I live in. The road is about 100 yards long, then a sharp left turn onto what will be the travellers' site. There are parked cars (residents' permits) along one side of the street, then a 2.6m metre width of road to the far curb, then a pavement which is only 96cm wide. The Council insists that traveller caravans will be able to access the site. However, they have based this on their belief that traveller caravans are only 2.2m wide. Our research shows that they can in fact be up to 2.55m wide. In each case, I believe wing mirrors would need to protrude another 0.5m in width, giving a range of 2.7m to 3.1m. In your experience, do you think it's possible to tow any caravan between the widths of 2.2m and 3.1m along the street, through a gap 2.6m wide, without damaging the cars on one side and putting anyone at risk on the pavement or emerging from their gardens on to it, on the other side?

Thank you in advance for your opinions.

JennMor'
I see that you have since asked if 'censorship' is being applied, no it isn't Jenn but you are probably a faster typist than I am so you fired off your comment before I've had chance to have a look, try to find out what the technical problem is and add my reply.
I can see your original, I'm using Firefox which seems to work ok on this website.

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Parksy, thank you for such a prompt reply. I did what you suggested for IE9 but still not working, and I can't see a 'disable rich text' button when I click on the original link.
I'll try from a different machine tonight, one with Firefox.
Thanks.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
chrisbee 1 said:
You’re not alone JennMor. When I go to that thread all I get is the heading then a blank screen, your text isn’t there. I note there have been 5 replies but they don’t appear either. One for the techies?

Same as Chrisbee, nothing there!!
Not even my own replies which along with RogerL were posted last night, just thought I'd let you know
smiley-smile.gif

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I've just been alerted to this by Nigel, I've fixed the issue so you should all be able to see the thread properly now.

It's the old issue of Word formatting, IE composing a post in a Microsoft product and then copying and pasting into the text editor.

We know it's a problem and are trying to sort it out, we will get there in the end!

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I've just been alerted to this by Nigel, I've fixed the issue so you should all be able to see the thread properly now.

It's the old issue of Word formatting, IE composing a post in a Microsoft product and then copying and pasting into the text editor.

We know it's a problem and are trying to sort it out, we will get there in the end!

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
admin said:
I've just been alerted to this by Nigel, I've fixed the issue so you should all be able to see the thread properly now. It's the old issue of Word formatting, IE composing a post in a Microsoft product and then copying and pasting into the text editor. We know it's a problem and are trying to sort it out, we will get there in the end!

Even Admin is having problems with double posting
smiley-laughing.gif

Fri, Nov 18 2011, 2:28PM

admin

Fri, Nov 18 2011, 2:28PM

admin

Garfield-Laughing.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts