Directional Ariels

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
Log wanted to know how the antenna come out and back in on these things,I have only been able to pull-push these when I have able to get nearer the roof.....or have i missed something?

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
terry, i presume you mean the Status directional ariel?? If you look into the cupboard where the pole comes through the roof there is a locking ring, unscrew it to loosen things off and you can then lift up and down and rotate the ariel then. When you have it in the desired position lock it off to hold it in place. Just remember to pull it in and point it in the right direction, usually a red dot on the pole to indicate forward, before you drive off.

Oct 2, 2005
Visit site
What about the telescopic antenna's that are on the aerial which I know are only for use of the continent, but unless you carry a pair of stepladders around with you, how are you supposed to get up to pull them out. Should be something inside the van which switches them in or out would make things far easier!

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
What about the telescopic antenna's that are on the aerial which I know are only for use of the continent, but unless you carry a pair of stepladders around with you, how are you supposed to get up to pull them out. Should be something inside the van which switches them in or out would make things far easier!
Thats what I mean Chris, I know about the pole etc, but I once had the "ariel" rods come out and nearly lost the lot whilst driving down a narrow lane due to overhanging the side of the 'van. No room for steps in my 'van lol.

Sep 24, 2006
Visit site
terry, i presume you mean the Status directional ariel?? If you look into the cupboard where the pole comes through the roof there is a locking ring, unscrew it to loosen things off and you can then lift up and down and rotate the ariel then. When you have it in the desired position lock it off to hold it in place. Just remember to pull it in and point it in the right direction, usually a red dot on the pole to indicate forward, before you drive off.
It's a small point but the Status instructions for positioning of the directional antenna whilst travelling recommend pointing it backwards.

Pete...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts