dirty awning

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can anyone help?? In our desperate rush to get off an overcrowded site, we put our awning away in the rain and promptly forgot about it when we got home. Have used it this weekend and it has areas of black "mould". Does anyone know how I can clean this off without damaging the awning, or of a company that cleans awnings? My husband is refusing to use the awning when we go to Cornwall in a couple of weeks until its clean so any advice would be greatly appreciated (I've got 3 kids and NEED my awning!)!. Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
when mildew forms it gets into the material and rots it,it is very difficult to get rid of,the only solution is, if it is bad(as it will eventually rot the fabric) if it is only 1 panel,to get the panel replaced,if its all over,than you have had it.methalated spirits will clean the black marks off,but you must wash thoroughly and reproof.

you must always take the awning out of the bag within 48 hrs even if it is raining hang it out as it needs air circulating around the wet awning to prevent this process you must always do this

TRENDING THREADS