Discharged batteries

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I wonder if any one can help. We recently bought an Auto Trail ( Cheyenne ) 660 and following a visit to France we managed to flatten both leasure batteries on our trip down to the campsite, allthough we were hooked up for a week ( on site ) and have a large solar panel fitted to the roof the 2 leasure batteries didn't receive any charge, after returning and parking up the vehicle I took off both batteries ( one at a time ) charged them, then replaced them, the next weekend we went away for another trip and spent the new year weekend, on site with hookup, still the camper only works properly off mains, does something have to be reset. The Solar system is managed by a battery master and includes a FOX D1 display unit which all seems to be working corectly.

Hope somebody can help - Regards John

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Johnboy,

If you've got a solar set-up and no power is getting to the batteries, generally it indicates that the fuse between the charge controller and the batteries has failed. That will mean the input from the panels will be recorded on the monitor but nothing will get to the batteries. As each install is different, I can't tell you where the fuse might be, but it should not be far from the positive battery terminals.

Less likely is an internal failure of the charge controller but checking the condition of the cabling at the battery terminal end is worthwhile as a poor connection could cause a problem. Fuses are definitely the most likely culprit tho.

Hope that is helpful!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts