Dog friendly days out in Cornwall

Feb 2, 2016
Hi all,
we are off to Padstow soon with our crazy 1 year old Labrador so was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for dog friendly days out in the area or any events that are on?
I have found quite a few pubs and a couple of beaches where he will be allowed and I know the Lost Gardens of Heligan are dog friendly but wondered if anyone has any other recommendations ?
Thinking we will visit Port Isaac for a wander round one day and may take the boat from Padstow to Rock as I've seen dogs on that before.
Any advice greatly appreciated thanks :)

Aug 4, 2005
Dogs are allowed into the Eden Project external areas but not in the domes, more info on their website.

Feb 2, 2016
Back from our holiday in Cornwall and found it to be very dog friendly indeed !
We stayed at Padstow Touring park which was superb and they gave us a booklet on dog friendly days out which was really good and also advice on dog friendly beaches and pubs/eateries which was brilliant.
The site have various food vans which visit so you don't have cook or go out to eat if you don't want to.
They had a great information point with lots of leaflets and maps of the area with suggested walking routes.
There was an 'off-lead' beach at Hawkers Cove which was great to let him have a bit of time to run free and play in the sand and splash about in the sea.
Lots of places had bowls of water outside and some shops also allowed us to take the dog in and had treats on hand which went down well!
So we all had a great time and would recommend both the area and the site.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts