Dog Pack kills Gator In Florida.***CONTENT WARNING...OPENING ...

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Dog Pack kills Gator In Florida -- Dogs savage everglades alligator.

At times nature can be cruel, but there is also a raw beauty, and even a certain justice manifested within that cruelty.

The alligator, one of the oldest and ultimate predators, normally considered the "apex predator" in it's natural eco-system, can still fall victim to implemented 'team work' strategy, made possible due to the tight knit social structure and "survival of the fittest pack mentality", bred into the canines over the last several hundreds of years by natural selection.

See the attached remarkable photograph courtesy of Nature Magazine.

Note that the Alpha dog has a muzzle hold on the gator preventing it from breathing, while the remainder of the pack prevents the beast from rolling.

Not for the squeamish!

http://www.orbsol.com/tmp/att00009.jpg

May 4, 2005
Visit site
John, this is the chit chat section and Steve in his post makes it quite clear what the link contains . I haven't looked at the link as I know it is not something that I would want to see.

Brian ;O)

May 27, 2006
Visit site
John, this is the chit chat section and Steve in his post makes it quite clear what the link contains . I haven't looked at the link as I know it is not something that I would want to see.

Brian ;O)
Oooooooooooops sorry Brian.

Maybe my misplaced sense of humour in answering in this thread was badly timed.

I must learn to understand forums before posting in them

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
It just proves that dogs aren't the lowest of animals, just look at those poses and the look in their eyes. They know they have acheived the unachievable by proving themselves superior as a pack animal over a far more stronger adversary and are posing for their photo with pride.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Thank you smiley, yes we had a nice time although the weather could have been kinder. I'm still trying to catch up with the past 18 days posts and it seems unbelievable at whats been happening. Theres been more censorship than what the Commissars in the Chinese Politburo in Beijing could dish out, hehheh!

I'm still in shock even, that someone is offended at my name, my Braykewynde ancestors must be blowing off in their graves :O(

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Thank you smiley, yes we had a nice time although the weather could have been kinder. I'm still trying to catch up with the past 18 days posts and it seems unbelievable at whats been happening. Theres been more censorship than what the Commissars in the Chinese Politburo in Beijing could dish out, hehheh!

I'm still in shock even, that someone is offended at my name, my Braykewynde ancestors must be blowing off in their graves :O(

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
I've been popping on and looking but always keep missing these posts, or maybe it's threads I don't normally go into.

Well what can I say about name I always shorten yours it's to windy. hehehehe. oooops

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I've just sent this link to about 50 of my online friends worldwide and I've already had 3 replies about it thinking it was great - and yes, they fell for it too hehheh!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts