Dometic tall fridge/freezer beeping

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Good morning learned colleagues. Away at the moment and our 2015 Conqueror Dometic fridge has developed a fault. Out of the blue the red warning light is flashing and the fridge beeps 33 times. This repeats every so often, always 33 beeps. I understand this is the ‘door open ‘ alarm. The door shuts firmly and the light goes out fractionally before the door shuts. There is a two wire connection to the light and a simple on/off micro switch. I have cleaned both and sprayed with GT85. I’ve also tried disconnecting the plug to give a permanent door shut signal to any monitoring device. All to no avail. Tried running on gas, seems to be ok but our gas bottle is all but empty ☹. The fridge appears to be working still. I’ve heard that the early Command system😂 can interfere with the correct running of the fridge and it’s simply a matter of disconnecting. Obviously can’t get hold of Dometic at the moment but as my wife’s chemotherapy drugs are in the fridge and need to be kept cold it’s a bit urgent. I’m off to get gas in a mo but wondered if anyone has any advice to get it going on EHU again

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I can’t offer help but our Dometic fridge has done this from new. While under guarantee it was looked at a few times but the kept saying that they can’t repeat the fault. As it’s such a pain to take it back all the time it never got fixed. We put up with it, because in our case we can stop it by pushing hard on the door. Lots of time though, you know it’s shut, but haven’t given it that extra shove. So a couple of minutes later, just after sitting down, it starts. I don’t know how many beeps it would get to because one of us will push it to shut it up.

I thought it’s only the proximate right of a sensor to a magnet and I will easy fix that. But I can not for the life of me find how to get to the bits.

I will watch the thread with interest to see if anyone knows.

In the mean time, try giving the door an extra push.

John

Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
Apparently the door seals are very stiff on these and like John says give it an extra push shut.

if you google 'dometic fridge error' the top result should be from 'the gasbag.com' which has a pdf of error code beeps and what they mean - sorry don't know if you can attach a pdf to here? Apparently they are a lot of trouble. This may help any future problems.

Ours has a mulitude of beeps and a recent 'update' to link it to the control panel has failed to cure it and has resulted in more beeps so it's having it's own merry party!

Hope you get it sorted Turningdrew as it's so needed in your case. Good luck.

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Our fridge doesn’t link to the Command panel ( it’s a very early version). Running happily on gas during the night, on EHU during the day just having its own little beepfest from time to time. Door closing securely. Don’t know if there’s another ‘door closed’ device somewhere? Maybe a reed switch and magnet?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
A very common fault on Dometic fridges and have had the issue on ours. Just inside the door of the fridge is a small box when the door clips shut. Open this box and dry it out. Cover contacts with Vaseline and close door again. Beeping should then stop.

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Resolved our problem this morning. Noticed that I had the ‘leisure battery-poor’ message on the Command screen. Thought that a bit odd as we have been on site for 4 days supposedly on charge. Checked the circuit breaker on the PSU and sure enough it had tripped. Reset it and now all well with the fridge. Hope there’ll be enough charge to reverse the caravan off the pitch this morning! Thanks for all the suggestions.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I am very pleased you have found the answer, (even though is doesn’t help my problem, 😁).
Still brings up some questions. Why did the beepI got stop on gas only? On the fault chart Wo6 is the only 12 volt related code and that does not involve beeping!

Hey ho.

John

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
It’s a bit of a mystery to me too. The contact breaker was for the 12v supply/charger circuit. I’m going to look at the circuit diagram later and see if I can suss it out.
You’d think that if it was the 12v supply to the fridge it would affect it on gas too?

Aug 20, 2023
Visit site
A very common fault on Dometic fridges and have had the issue on ours. Just inside the door of the fridge is a small box when the door clips shut. Open this box and dry it out. Cover contacts with Vaseline and close door again. Beeping should then stop.
Excellent tip this. Just disconnecting the light is the immediate fix (say in the middle of the night) but cleaning and drying the contacts then smearing them with Vaseline, fixed it for me. Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts