Dont be over enthusiastically with pressure washers!

Jul 21, 2021
Visit site
Just reviewed pictures of a caravan which the roof was cleaned with a pressure washer at close range on the ladder, sections of sealants have fallen out, and water entered the caravan!.

The newby was trying to remove tree sap from the roof.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I do use a pressure washer. But it will not work on sap. It can do damage. But if held back and used with care. It’s fine.

John

Jul 21, 2021
Visit site
I do use a pressure washer. But it will not work on sap. It can do damage. But if held back and used with care. It’s fine.

John
Agreed same apply to car paint, it's very difficult to control A PW on a ladder, I use a special voice activated platform to raise myself above roof level..

(Pallett on a fork lift, always remember not to argue with the fork lift operator (wife))

• Haha
Reactions: PTA
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I was told never use a pressure washer on a caravan and I don"t, i wash it by hand and a long extending brush for the roof and so far our caravan been ok

Aug 24, 2020
Visit site
I was told never use a pressure washer on a caravan and I don"t, i wash it by hand and a long extending brush for the roof and so far our caravan been ok

Me too, although it doesn't get the roof as clean as I'd like but better that than "cleaning off" all the sealant! it's a moot point for me anyway, I don't have space to park the caravan outside the house for more than a few seconds, and I've never been on a storage site with power.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Me three. I would never us a pressure washer an caravan or car. Using the right sponges brushes and chemicals makes a better job and much less risk of damage. Its only a month ago that after having my panoramic roof replaced by insurance, some halfwit pressure washed it and hour or so after the new roof had been fitted and flooded the inside. never even game the sealant chance to cure.

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Only time I use a pressure washer near the van is to use the snow foam attachment at low pressure, tend to only use snow foam a couple of times a year.
I’ve bought a decent hose attachment that does a good job of activating the Autoglym polar blast but at hosepipe low pressure.
Same as others, I like my extending brush with a soft nail brush for the intricate bits.

Kev

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Me too, although it doesn't get the roof as clean as I'd like but better that than "cleaning off" all the sealant! it's a moot point for me anyway, I don't have space to park the caravan outside the house for more than a few seconds, and I've never been on a storage site with power.
At the caravan storage we have wash down facilities and we get warm water and that helps to get what stuck on the roof so i very happy with the results so far

Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
Oops
I pressure washer the van once a year!
Its a VAX came with extension poles and brushes, bit like a powered caravan cleaning brush, spray snow foam on the roof, brush it over with water pumping threw, pressure it off, clean as new.

Awning channels use the pressure washer at close range to get all the gunk out.

Snow foam all 4 sides, then stood well back blow over the van with the washer
I think that's maybe the issue here, being too close, bit of common sense required.

I remember years back we had a 3 phase washer at work, incredibly powerful, a sales rep wanted to use it to clean his Nissan I think it was, has to be 35 years ago, anyway he started off OK, then when it came to rinse the washer punched a hole through the wing!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
There are warnings against this and the post shows why. I use the long handled brush but I can forgive a newcomer who misses the point, costly lesson though.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
There are warnings against this and the post shows why. I use the long handled brush but I can forgive a newcomer who misses the point, costly lesson though.

Newcomer, mmmmmm… 40 years of caravanning, most of this time using a pressure washer. The problem isn’t the washer, it’s the person directing the washer.

But all down to opinion.

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts