Double step recommendation

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
We need to get a double step to replace the single plastic one we have. Does anyone have any recommendations for a metal version?

Thanks

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
The Milenco 3131 is more expensive but has the advantage of bars along the base - any with 4 tubular feet like most you see have a habit of sinking if the ground is soft

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
We had the milenco 3131 but due to the gaps between bottom and top step our dog found it a bit scary and my wife also put a foot between the 2 steps, we went with milenco but bought the milenco giant double step and I cut a square for each step from the rubber squares you get at all caravan dealers and at Aldi currently and I glued the square to each step and it’s been perfect and we’ve used it for a couple of years now.

BP

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
That’s the milenco I have,
We had that one when our van was on a seasonal pitch. It is a very good step. Currently have a folding kampa (?) job. It is OKbut wouldn’t buy it again.
Gave the milenco to a mate, slightly regretting it now. Heigh Ho
mel

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for all your replies and the tip about legs digging into a soft surface.

At the moment I'm leaning towards the plastic Milenco despite originally saying metal. It's a double step version of what we already have and that works well. Also its a bit cheaper and lighter.

We already have a cheapo car mat fixed to the surface because I had a spare one. It's ok but when it rains it gets very wet and it always seems to rain just before we have to take down to move on. :-(

Thanks again

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for all your replies and the tip about legs digging into a soft surface.

At the moment I'm leaning towards the plastic Milenco despite originally saying metal. It's a double step version of what we already have and that works well. Also its a bit cheaper and lighter.

We already have a cheapo car mat fixed to the surface because I had a spare one. It's ok but when it rains it gets very wet and it always seems to rain just before we have to take down to move on. :-(

Thanks again
With the plastic step we found that when using them in the wetter months, the legs would dig in. To get around this, drink a couple of tinnies, flatten them and put them under the feet to stop the feet digging in. 👍 :D .

Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
Am using These. Seem to cope with my heavy weight except dog hasn’t quite worked them out yet. Seems to prefer to approach from the side and jump over them entirely. If you are not worried about them being collapsible, I saw some in Aldi for £17.99 if I recall correctly. They seemed pretty robust.

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Am using These. Seem to cope with my heavy weight except dog hasn’t quite worked them out yet. Seems to prefer to approach from the side and jump over them entirely. If you are not worried about them being collapsible, I saw some in Aldi for £17.99 if I recall correctly. They seemed pretty robust.

Thanks for the reply. I did take a look at this type but I think I still prefer the plastic double step.

BTW: you might be able to get them cheaper at Aldi but it would cost me just short of £100 to get to the nearest store and back :)

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Got it for £32 on Amazon? I think your in Scotland but would it really cost an extra £68 for delivery, but I doubt many would bUY one if it was going to cost 100, best of luck.

BP

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Perhaps my odd sense of humour didn't quite translate well. 😉

The £100 figure was for me to drive there and back to the nearest Aldi to get a cheap step.

Yes we have access to McAmazon and love or hate their online retail monopoly they do provide a good service including to remote areas such as ours with free delivery. Many of their Market Place traders will also offer free delivery. And their return policy is also very good.

The plastic step was on Amazon this morning for £27 with free delivery.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts