Dreaded Damp

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Second time in 15 years a little bit of damp showed up on the recent service. Typical Bailey Senator failure of the top front window rail.
My regularAWS engineer says she’s now good as new. We have been looking at newish used vans but frankly have found nothing that comes close to the comfort , dare I say sophistication, of the Wyoming. Hopefully with continuing TLC she should last a few more years.
Some new front timbers, wall board, Labour, sealants and electricity for drying out , £470.00 .Happy with that👍

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Second time in 15 years a little bit of damp showed up on the recent service. Typical Bailey Senator failure of the top front window rail.
My regularAWS engineer says she’s now good as new. We have been looking at newish used vans but frankly have found nothing that comes close to the comfort , dare I say sophistication, of the Wyoming. Hopefully with continuing TLC she should last a few more years.
Some new front timbers, wall board, Labour, sealants and electricity for drying out , £470.00 .Happy with that👍
That’s not a big bill by many peoples experience and I agree that series of Bailey seemed to be well made and very comfortable. We had a Series 5 Pageant Bordeaux 2005 and sold it in 2014. It did many miles here and abroad but apart from the manufacturing fault with end panel screw clearances it only showed damp once. That too was above the front near side front window seal. £250 to repair using a local AWS workshop. First to see it bought it there and then.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Clive , we all know caravans are born to leak .Like you, I believe the secret is keeping on top of any issues and remedying them. I’m very happy with the chap I use although he’s been talking about retirement next year. Good for him, not for me.

Reactions: otherclive
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Clive , we all know caravans are born to leak .Like you, I believe the secret is keeping on top of any issues and remedying them. I’m very happy with the chap I use although he’s been talking about retirement next year. Good for him, not for me.
Nice to hear you got yours sorted so quickly DD.
Little tip .................would have been even cheaper if you did it yourself,
may have to next year!!! :LOL:

Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Nice to hear you got yours sorted so quickly DD.
Little tip .................would have been even cheaper if you did it yourself,
may have to next year!!! :LOL:
I nearly did Kev. But I don't have a barn to keep it under cover whilst all stripped out . The timber work is no issue. The drying out is.It cost me £42 in electricity to dry the old girls front out.

Reactions: Gagakev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
it great to see you got yours sorted DD we were checking our Abbey GTS 215 right corner and we notice it was not right so my caravan engineer had a look he started rubbing and a hole appeared so he corrected it and it look great pleased we sorted it before it was Sold

Reactions: Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts