Dunfries Area

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi can anyone recommend a good site in the Dunfries area.
Criteria;
Near the coast/beach
Have a shop but nothing major
Have a playpark or at least a couple of swings and slide.
Not too excited about holiday parks but would consider.
Not too quiet so I don't get wrong when i strike the pipes up !!
Looked around the Southerness area on tinternet and looks quite nice but some sound opinions would be great thanks.
John

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi John, Brighouse Bay sounds about right for you, it`s near Kirkudbright. IMHO I wouldn`t go to Southerness, it`s a bit too commercial a bit like Blackpool, but nothing there, if that makes sense. We are off to New England Bay near Stranraer next month, it is right on the beach, but nothing much around. Have also stopped at Drumroamin Farm, Kirkinner near Newton Stewart, a lovely well maintained site, with cracking owners. All mentioned have websites, have a look, see what you think.

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi John.
I am from Dumfries and would agree with phil on southerness, it is also at this time of year quite expensive. There is Queensberry bay at powfoot which is close to Annan. There is a shop, a play area for the kids and a hotel that do good meals. Also a golf coarse close by if you are a golfer.
There is also a park at Dalbeattie called glenearly its not on the coast but within 5 miles. There is a caravan park at Kippford but think they are all statics .
There are others but they are inland a little.

Dougie....

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
John

I forgot about Queenberry Bay, I have been and it is a nice site, with great views over the Solway Firth to the Lakeland Fells, HOWEVER, spend a little time totting up the extra charges, for the four of us with an awning, it`s nearly £40 per night, a little steep I think. Another to look at is Mossyard, near Gatehouse of Fleet.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
As a last minute idea I was up near Dumfries at Easter now we stayed at Cressfield Caravan Park Not sure of spelling here but this is at Ecclefechan.
Brilliant site but this is only if you are stuck cos nothing for kids but the site is immaculate Dumfiries is short drive from here , and never far from The Solway .
I hope this will help if you are stuck.
Sir Roger

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Thanks folks but after all thet we have deceided to go to Tantallon in North Berwick.
We have visited the place breifely and always said we would give it a try
Regards

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts