E-go Caravan mover

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, I own a bailey Unicorn Valencia and I was contemplating putting a caravan mover on so that I may get the van onto my drive. I called a couple of firms advertised in a recent Caravan Club magazine. A very knowledgeable assistant from one of the companies recommended an E-go mover which conveniently he sold and can install. He also advised againt purchasing a Rhyno Mover with charger plus features???. I now am totally confused can anyone with experince or knowledge of this particular Mover offer any advice as to which one I should go for. Kind Regards
Michael

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Not being a seller of movers, but have a lot of hands on experience of the different makes, I will only recommend Powrtouch.
This is not particularly based on never breaking down,they do, but certainly on the faultless after sales service and comprehensive 5 year warranty.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Damian-Moderator said:
I will only recommend Powrtouch.
This is not particularly based on never breaking down,they do, but certainly on the faultless after sales service and comprehensive 5 year warranty.

I can only echo Damians comments. Using caravan forums for 6 years I've only ever seen one complaint and that wasn't really warranted. Lots and lots of compliments though. This is the reason I didn't transfer our Truma from the last van and had a new PowrTouch fitted instead.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
forest gump said:
i think the ego is a good mover but pushed by there own makers not reveiled in the mag thet they was doing the test.

Yes, that caught a few out. It looked like an official test for movers when in fact it was an advert placed by e-go.

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi All
I had an Ego mover fitted to my Swift Challenger 480 (1400kg MPTLM) 18 months ago and I am very happy to recommend it. We caravan all the year round, mainly using CL's, so I wanted a mover where the pressure of the rollers on the tyres can be increased if neccessary to cope with wet and slippery conditions. I was also concerned to ensure a minimal reduction in ground clearance, while being able to have the mover fitted in front of the wheels. The Ego met these criteria and has performed very well in all conditions. It has on more than one occasion moved the van off a soft site when my towcar would not have shifted it.
Cheers
Paul

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Powrtouch keep a database of every customer, unit and caravan.
I've had three problems. A broken red isolation key, a broken disengage wrench and a failed gearbox bearing.
The first two issues were resolved with new ones arriving by return of post .
The third issue was resolved by their independent engineer. He telephoned the same day as I called Powrtouch and we made a mutually convenient time two days later. It seems the bearings had failed and the second one was on the way out so he changed both gearboxes, no quibbles.
For me the 5 year guarantee is par excellence. You may ask why the bearings failed. I don't know but they are clearly they are third party parts. Maybe a faulty batch? It was the speed of resolution and customer aftercare that impressed me.

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Hiya
We have a RHYNO mover on our Argent 480/2. Wouldn't be without it. Have had a few issues but have all be sorted by talking to the company. As you will read, each to their own, but we're happy.

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Hiya
We have a RHYNO mover on our Argent 480/2. Wouldn't be without it. Have had a few issues but have all be sorted by talking to the company. As you will read, each to their own, but we're happy.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The subject of movers has come up many times in the past and will probably do so again in the future.

I don't think there is any conclusive evidence that any one make of caravan mover is significantly better than the rest, and even if there were, it makes no difference to the caravanner that happens to have the one that fails. For him/her it is a major problem and might even prevent them from taking a well deserved and planned holiday.

People are very sensitive to holidays. They have a very limited time in which to take them, and anything that prevents or delays the holiday becomes a monster in their eyes.

When they get their caravans out a day or two before they intend to go away or whilst they are away and they find that something isn't working, how frustrating it must be to find you can't get advice, parts, service or a repair.

Every manufacture has to accept the possibility that some of their products will fail at some time, They should consider the times that these faults are most likely to be detected and when the loss of function of their product will have the most impact to the user. Manufactures should endeavour to ensure they have the capacity to rapidly deal with these instances and as Simon and Garfunkle sang - keeping the customer satisfied.

Powertouch have broadly done all this. Whether their products are any worse than another is not material, the practical realisation is they DO look after their users and treat them with respect. Given that you will be annoyed with the manufacture of any product that fails, the fact that Powertouch resolve it quickly impresses you and the company moves up in your estimation, and you may even feel very pleased with the company. In practice all you have received is what you have every right to expect. However it throws into sharp relief the failings of other manufactures.
This can be enough raise the awareness and good will towards the Powertouch name.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts