E & L Insurance Excellent service

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Hi all. I have read on here about the bad service some people have had from e&l insurance so I thought I should let you know how I faired.

My caravan was burnt out by vandals who also while they were at it put most of the windows through in the house of my ex-wife where I kept my caravan.There was nothing left of my caravan although strangely all of the locks were still in place on the shell of the wheels.

I rang the insurance company who at first told me I had cancelled my insurance a few months previous.This set me off in a panic.Then immediately there was an apology when the lady realised I had taken a new one out at the same time.

I was told to download a claims form and send it in via email to help my claim be processed quicker.

After a week had gone by I rang and spoke to a lovely chap called Craig who soothed my fears I had over e&l after reading posts on this forum.

I kept in email contact with Craig over the period of the claim. He always replied to me,it was easier to email as sometimes I couldn't get through by phone unless I called first thing.

In one email I explained I had a caravan holiday booked and needed things sorting by August. Craig explained claims were processed by date order but as I was in a rush he would pull my claim to the top and set things in motion immediately for me. Half an hour later a loss adjuster rang me to talk me through the process. Two weeks later the loss adjuster rang again to make me an acceptable offer.

The whole thing from my first phone call to receiving my cheque took 6 weeks which I feel is not bad at all as they do need to investigate for fraud etc.

So anyone with e&l cover do not be frightened by some of the bad press you may have read about them,

The staff are all superb and they DO pay out in the event you need to use them.

Roll on this time next Friday when I will be in my new Bailey Senator Arizona :)

Thanks A&L

Nov 20, 2007
Visit site
I also received excellent service and a prompt payout from E & L so there is always another side to a coin, I think too many people on this site jump to conclusions and have no real experience of dealing with the company....

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
I also received excellent service and a prompt payout from E & L so there is always another side to a coin, I think too many people on this site jump to conclusions and have no real experience of dealing with the company....
Nick

its nice to hear about some goodnews about this company

you must be in the minority try getting them to sort pet insurance out it took one of my friends over 9 mths to get sorted he reckon he paid out more in phone calls that what the claim was to incompetent staff.

I see the mods are suckering up to said company any usual mention is promptly removed

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Nick

its nice to hear about some goodnews about this company

you must be in the minority try getting them to sort pet insurance out it took one of my friends over 9 mths to get sorted he reckon he paid out more in phone calls that what the claim was to incompetent staff.

I see the mods are suckering up to said company any usual mention is promptly removed

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Jake

At the moment it is dangerous ground to say anything adverse about this Insurer.

However patience is a virtue.

Also at last pleasing to hear some good news, we all live and learn.

From next July ALL Insurers will have to publish their number of complaints received and how long it took to resolve each one. This is an edict from the Financial Services Ombudsman so I guess even Lord Hezza can allow us to see the figures here??

Cheers

Dustydog

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Jake

Your comment is very unfair. I have no knowledge of what went on in the past and treat each post on it's merits BUT we have to follow the guidelines set by the owners of this forum.

If you don't like the forum rules don't insult the moderators, just find a different forum where the rules suit you.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Jake

Your comment is very unfair. I have no knowledge of what went on in the past and treat each post on it's merits BUT we have to follow the guidelines set by the owners of this forum.

If you don't like the forum rules don't insult the moderators, just find a different forum where the rules suit you.

Apr 25, 2008
Visit site
It took 6 Weeks and thats after they put you at the top of the list,I wonder how long it would have taken if you had to wait in the queue?That to me is not good service,and is not acceptable.

I had a total loss claim after a fire on a new for old policy and it was settled within 10 days with the N.F.U and thats what I call service.

Sep 20, 2008
Visit site
This almost seems like a bit of free advertising for E&L.

Normally the slightest mention of this company on a post results in it being closed.

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Fair enough Mr Mod should not have attacked you,apologys sent just regarding said co seems a bit one sided when positive comments are ok but anything the other way promptly removed,

Hardly prompt service taking 6 wks to settle claim when you,ve been put to top of que

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Apology accepted Jake

The vast majority of post which name companies in connection with complaints on this forum, whether they are insurance firms, caravan dealers, holiday parks or whatever are removed.

With the greatest respect to most other caravan forums these are run by private individuals which is not the case as far as this forum is concerned.

This forum is run by a major publishing company (Haymarket) in connection with the UK's foremost caravan magazine.

As such they have assets so therefore it might be worth while for a company who feel that their reputation has suffered as a result of posts on this forum to pursue legal action against Haymarket.

The legal team who are employed by Haymarket have issued strict instructions to the forum moderators to remove potentially litgious material from the forum without delay in line with the written rules of the forum which are available for all to read in forum etiquette at the top of this webpage and which those who use this forum agree to as a condition of forum membership.

The moderators or Haymarket Publishing have no method of checking the factual accuracy of any post which appears on this forum but the forum is subject to UK defamation and libel laws as is every other internet forum which is moderated.

Nobody was ever sued for heaping praise on somebody, I hope that this clarifies our position.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts