East Yorkshire

HNB

Jan 13, 2016
East Yorkshire here aswell....Beverley.

must be more member around this neck of the woods?

May 29, 2018
Brand new to caravanning here in South Cave. Collecting ours next month. Any hints / tips gratefully received. We are complete newbies so be gentle and expect stupid obvious questions from me.

May 29, 2018
Sounds great. I think that’s what I’m going to need. Lots of big open spaces to practice reversing and general manoeuvring plus getting to grips with pitching up and getting everything connected.

Oct 12, 2013
It's a big enough site so you don't have to reverse , you're getting a mover fitted arn't you so just pull past your pitch & un hook and put your mover on and let that do the work ; its just like working your TV remote control , it's a doddle !!

Nov 16, 2015
True about the Mm , but always good to practice your reversing, never know when you might need to do it in a town or small village, high street.

Nov 11, 2009
EH52ARH said:
True about the Mm , but always good to practice your reversing, never know when you might need to do it in a town or small village, high street.
Or when the mover fails to work which although not that common does happen.

May 29, 2018
Handover day is going to include a couple of hours at a large car park nearby getting to grips with it all I reckon!

Mar 24, 2014
Ste6t9 said:
Brand new to caravanning here in South Cave. Collecting ours next month. Any hints / tips gratefully received. We are complete newbies so be gentle and expect stupid obvious questions from me.
"expect stupid obvious questions from me" No such thing as a stupid question, what's stupid is NOT asking the question if you need to learn something.

May 24, 2014
No such thing as stupid questions as the others have said. However, if you want proper answers suggest moving this thread to the North West and ask the Lancashire lads and lasses. B)

+1 for the Red rose.

May 7, 2012
Beechwood Grange is very expensive if you are not a club member although it is one of the best club sites in our opinion. If you are not a member then Naburn Lock might be a better bet for the York area. plenty of room and very helpful owners who will take you to your pitch and see you safely pitched.
The down side is it is near to the outlet centre, and my wife spends lots saving me money!
There is a park and ride service at the outlet centre as well.

Oct 12, 2013
...... so if you join the club it will work out cheaper in the long run and get you discounts of Club sites and make CL sites available to you also . Just mention my membership number & id gladly take the £10 voucher for suggesting membership...... :p :lol:

May 24, 2014
Just mention my membership number & id gladly take the £10 voucher for suggesting membership.....
Yorkshiremen, they never change :p
The only made a 50p piece with flat sides so you could get it out of Yorkies hand with a spanner.

Oct 12, 2013
Thingy said:
Just mention my membership number & id gladly take the £10 voucher for suggesting membership.....
Yorkshiremen, they never change :p
The only made a 50p piece with flat sides so you could get it out of Yorkies hand with a spanner.
I'm a Geordie !! :p

May 29, 2018
Booked at Naburn Lock for our first adventure. I know I should be getting excited with a week to go but it’s getting terrifying. We’ve a few hurdles to overcome on the first day then I’m sure we’ll be fine when we get it to its first pitch the day after.

Oct 12, 2013
Excellent stee , hope yous have a good time but looking at that those prices you want to be joining one of the clubs for cheaper rates on Club sites. It's ok if its just two of you but when you've got kids involved each child extra per night and then they charge you for an awning - per night , it mounts up to quite a bit.

Good luck on your first outing , we all want a report back .... B)

Craig

May 24, 2014
Good luck on your first trip, I remember mine well and made a complete and utter *** of myself but provided everyone else with a laugh though. It actually wasnt my fault but the joke was still on me.

Dont be too proud to ask, there is always somebody willing to give you a dig out or explain the workings. Keep an eye on that river, it just loves to flood.

When setting up for the first time, take your time and think it through. You are about to develop a routine that will see you through your caravanning days.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts