Eating habits

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
G

Same old Lisa!

I must remember, "don't feed ........................)

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
Perhaps the 'chit chat' forum needs a health and common sense warning.....

If you are going to post confrontationally then you have to accept some stick back.

(Retreats to bunker and places hard hat on head.)

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes I am 'the same old Lisa'. Thanks for pointing that out, greatly appreciated.

At least I don't live in fantasy land like the resident trolls on here do.

Lisa

G

Yes, I agree Zafiral.

Posting sniping remarks based on posts from a thread that was deleted after reasonable posts were yet again twisted is confrontational!

Thank's Zafiral.

(Retreats to lounger and places book on head)

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
I can understand left handed people eating "the other way round" so to speak but with regard to the fork - prongs down is OK, prongs up NO WAY!!

Getting up before others have finished is a no no also. I'm sure these free school meals with have a lot more takers, shame the teachers can't/won't capitalise on the opportunity to teach some table manners. The number of people who chew with their mouth open or hoover up their grub is unbelievable, do they think we all want to see it or hear it? I think there's nothing nicer than possessing polite table manners, the sign of a proper upbringing I say.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
There appears to be some kind of undercurrent which is appearing from time to time in various forum threads.

This sort of thing puts off others from using the forum so can those concerned either drop it, ignore each other or simply agree to disagree

Thanks

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Hi i,m glad you noticed Parksy I,m signed up to several forums(caravan and motorcycle)and while I find a good argument sometimes healthy ,this forum is turning out to be the most bitchy i,ve come across and I could imagine shy or quiet people find it a little intimidating as it appears to get personal sometimes.

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Or eating whilst on puter.......ohhhhh, crumbs in the keyboard, that's practically a criminal offence!! (or so I get told!! ;o) lol).

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
So many replies to read so applolgies if this has been mentioned.

My grandson eats with his fork in his right hand, but it's the only hand he can use, he' a lefty !!

But, yes, I had to sit there and say use your knofe to push food on your frok... to many finger foods about.

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Thank you Parksy for your comments. This type of 'carping' used to be frequent but then some members left and things improved. Now it seems some are back and so are the clever comments but often with underlying aggression. We do not want it. Some, like LB we are glad to have back - usually!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thank you Parksy for your comments. This type of 'carping' used to be frequent but then some members left and things improved. Now it seems some are back and so are the clever comments but often with underlying aggression. We do not want it. Some, like LB we are glad to have back - usually!
Hi Chrissylizzie

It's all been sorted out now and all concerned are friendly or at least civil to each other (I hope!!)

I agree that it's good to have LB back among us

Mar 30, 2008
Visit site
As said earlier some houses dont have a dining table, unfortunatly most newly built "starter homes" dont even have anywhere to put one!

I hold my fork in my right hand, my wife took the micky when we first met, but I just cant do it with my left, id end up just smearing food into my face and throwing the rest off the plate when I try using a knife with my right!

Im just an uneducated beast of a lifeform!!

Greg.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
"I hold my fork in my right hand, my wife took the micky when we first met, but I just cant do it with my left, id end up just smearing food into my face and throwing the rest off the plate when I try using a knife with my right!"

Greg - are you my husband? Have you changed your name. Your description is exactly the same as us - I used to take the mick and he can't eat with his left hand and he's only learnt to use a knife since we were married. Used to use the fork to cut.

I nearly fell off my chair laughing (no offence) as you sounded so like Jason. You do what you feel comfortable with as there is no law that says you must eat correctly!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Quote ... "I hold my fork in my right hand, my wife took the micky when we first met, but I just cant do it with my left, id end up just smearing food into my face and throwing the rest off the plate when I try using a knife with my right"!

Thanks Greg, you've just given me an idea on how I can lose weight. If it works I will patent it as Gregs Gorging Grub Diet although I will claim the proceeds. Also if it's a success maybe kids who pig out on McDonalds can be made to eat with a knife and fork the correct way and we wont have so many little porkers going to school because they will drop most of it ... heh! heh! heh!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Thank you Chrissylizzie ... ummmm I think. I'm still trying to work out what you mean by usually ... heh! heh! heh!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
In my opinion there is nothing wrong with the term "mam". In Wales we have had the Welsh mam for generations and seeing them nurse a baby wrapped up in a shawl around them so that the baby is safe and the mam can continue with her work without having to worry about the infant. Bring back the Welsh mam I say.

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
In my opinion there is nothing wrong with the term "mam". In Wales we have had the Welsh mam for generations and seeing them nurse a baby wrapped up in a shawl around them so that the baby is safe and the mam can continue with her work without having to worry about the infant. Bring back the Welsh mam I say.
Common up here in Durham

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts