Eccles Sport 442 caravan awning

Apr 25, 2021
Visit site
Hi all! Hoping someone can answer this (probably really daft) question. Bought my first caravan last year, a second hand sterling Eccles sport 442 (2012).

We also purchased a second hand awning which the sales man said would fit our caravan (yet to try!). That’s been a challenge of it’s own tracking down the frame instructions from the manufacturer.

the question I have is, when it comes to threading the caravan awning through to the side of the caravan, I noticed we have 2 plastic coverings (sort of) over the top of the threading part at each side (picture).

will this is a problem and can they be removed?
6904EC39-A8AB-4255-AB3D-3D8609FE7838.jpeg
1B62CE60-598F-4A2F-9366-C2B264219643.jpeg

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Is there a gap further up the track where you begin to thread the awning?20200918_092411_compress97.jpg

If you zoom in on the front awning channel on mine,there's the gaps for threading

Last edited:
May 24, 2014
Visit site
You will find either two or four awning openings in the rail, but considering the lower part which is blind because of the capping, ignore it, dont try to feed your awning up and then back to get the last gap to the capping, once pegged out it will be fine, plus it would only be manageable on one side anyway.

As for the awning size, a good tip would be to go to the isabella website and check what they say is the correct awning size inc tolerance for your caravan. others like Doema and Bradcot have a similar guide but I have found the Isabella one more than useful. As a tip, if your awning size is given as 975, you need to be looking at an awning size around 960 to 985. The old way to get this is to measure the awning rail itself including drop to the ground, but why when t'internet will do it for you :D

see A-measurement search (isabella.net)

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2021
Visit site
Great thanks for the advice for feeding the awning through the gaps both sides.

Its a Dorema Senator Lux (size 10) so I will be able to check that out too thanks!

You will find either two or four awning openings in the rail, but considering the lower part which is blind because of the capping, ignore it, dont ry to fee your owning up and then back to gill the last gap to the capping, once pegged out it will be fine, plus it would only be manageable on one side anyway.

As for the awning size, a good tip would be to go to the isabella website and check what they say is the correct awning size inc tolerance for your caravan. others like Doema and Bradcot have a similar guide but I have found the Isabella one more than useful. As a tip, if you awning size is given as 975, you need to be looking at an awning size around 960 to 985. The old way to get this is too measure the awning rail itself including drop to the ground, but why when t'internet will do it for you :D

see A-measurement search (isabella.net)

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi all! Hoping someone can answer this (probably really daft) question. Bought my first caravan last year, a second hand sterling Eccles sport 442 (2012).

We also purchased a second hand awning which the sales man said would fit our caravan (yet to try!). That’s been a challenge of it’s own tracking down the frame instructions from the manufacturer.

the question I have is, when it comes to threading the caravan awning through to the side of the caravan, I noticed we have 2 plastic coverings (sort of) over the top of the threading part at each side (picture).

will this is a problem and can they be removed?
View attachment 1509
View attachment 1510
Hi,
You don't remove them, they are not a problem,It's easier to thread the awning in starting from the front of the van.Awning removal is also easier pulling from the front.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts