Edinburgh CC or Yellowcraig CC- which site to choose?

May 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi there, Just after your comments thinking of going away for a few days in a weeks time. Currently considering either Edinburgh CC site or Yellowcraig CC site. we area a family of 2 adults and 2 children, now i'm mainly thinking from a pitching reason and that it will be late October!! Edinburgh is all hardstanding, where as Yellowcraig has a mixture of hardstanding and grass pitches and obviously with the CC you can't prebook hardstanding. Which would you choose and why?

I am tempted by Yellowcraig as it will be slightly easier to get too from the A1 travelling up from Newcastle, but mainly unsure with the pitches.

Any Comments appreciated!

Many Thanks

Andrew.

Dec 27, 2006
Visit site
We have used both sights and they are both excellent. If it were me with 2 young children I would be tempted to use yellow Craigs as if the weather is dry you can take them to play on the beach and North Berwick is only a short drive away.

Edinburgh is excellent for getting in to the city center and also has walks along the promenade to Crammond.

Difficult decision.

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
Edinburgh CC is excellent and ideal for visiting the many attractions of Edinburgh. However the surrounding area can be quite rough - Have a look at the security camera's located near the flats and houses on the way in!

Yellowcraig on the other hand is not only up to the same standard but also in a great location near the beach and a short walk/drive from the village of Dirleton. Also only 4 miles from North Berwick. Roughly 25 miles from the City Centre and there are good train links nearby.

We have been to Yellowcraig 5 weekends this season. It is a popular site.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Yellow craig is a great site but check with wardens before you arrive ; the travelers have moved into the car park at the gate of site there was 45+ vans at last count on 10 oct. good luck .

May 15, 2005
Visit site
Thanks guys for your comments! also the tip off about the travellers which have set up camp outside Yellowcraig, I certainly wont want to go there if they are still around.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts