Elddis affinty 554

Apr 2, 2022
Visit site
Hi
We are looking to swap our 2015 Bailey Unicorn Valencia as the bed is too high and awkward. We have seen an 2018 Elddis Affinity 554 at a local Elddis dealer which on the face of it looks in superb condition.
Does anyone have any views on this? The Elddis was supplied by them and is 1 owner with service history but I understand Elddis have had problems with cracking panels. Thx

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi
We are looking to swap our 2015 Bailey Unicorn Valencia as the bed is too high and awkward. We have seen an 2018 Elddis Affinity 554 at a local Elddis dealer which on the face of it looks in superb condition.
Does anyone have any views on this? The Elddis was supplied by them and is 1 owner with service history but I understand Elddis have had problems with cracking panels. Thx
There a very long thread on cracking panels from an owner who has a cracked panel.

It's called "Crack in panel."

crack-in-panel.64094

May 7, 2012
Visit site
All makes seem to have have had this problem but Eldiss appear to have had the most from what I have seen on the forums. The problem would be that as the second owner you have only the dealer(assuming there is one) to go back to if things go wrong, as they still have a responsibility under the CRU. Even if you can get the guarantee transferred the panel only had one years cover although a dealer might offer some guarantee. What the chances of the panels cracking is I do not know, but I doubt you will get more than a years guarantee from a dealer. It really is a case of trying to calculate the risk and seeing if you want to take the risk.
Being realistic though I am not sure if the 2015 model is any different as to the risk and if you get a guarantee from the dealer you will be in a slightly better position.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
All makes seem to have have had this problem but Eldiss appear to have had the most from what I have seen on the forums. The problem would be that as the second owner you have only the dealer(assuming there is one) to go back to if things go wrong, as they still have a responsibility under the CRU. Even if you can get the guarantee transferred the panel only had one years cover although a dealer might offer some guarantee. What the chances of the panels cracking is I do not know, but I doubt you will get more than a years guarantee from a dealer. It really is a case of trying to calculate the risk and seeing if you want to take the risk.
Being realistic though I am not sure if the 2015 model is any different as to the risk and if you get a guarantee from the dealer you will be in a slightly better position.
The OP is looking at a 2018 model but even so as we’ve seen in Buckman“s thread the warranty TC seem to exclude panel cracks. Even after market warranties will exclude them too. So it’s unlikely a dealer would accept such an obligation.

TRENDING THREADS