Electric Coolbox

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Just bought one of these. What a bargain.
http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/P~151647~24ltr+Electric+Cooler+Box
I have no connection with them at all. A fiver off and free postage!
smiley-tongue-out.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Morning Woosie leader,
bought a similar one from Lidle's a few months back, best thing I ever bought, sits out in the awning with me beer in it, the coolbox one side of my recliner (need new one's know, any recommendations?) and the table the other, served at the right temperature, not too cold and not warm, beautiful !!!!
Is that extra temp controls on the front panel, as got to admit the one I have stays at the same temp .
From your serving Woosie member.
Praise the leader DD.
smiley-laughing.gif

Sorry Leader just looked again and didnt realise it was a warmer as well!! Thats posh
smiley-smile.gif

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Morning to you my Woosie Mucker in Woosie Land,
I liked the idea of plugging it in at the back of the Sorie and having cold water on tap so to speak for me , SWMBO and the Woosie Springers.
As you say the real bonus is having it run on 230v in the awning. At last somewhere to cool my beers without poaching her fridge space.
smiley-smile.gif

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Bought something similar from local dealership accessory shop a good few years back, cost a lot more than that. I compared prices with other places at the time and the price I paid was not excessive so I guess prices of these must have came down. To be honest though I think I've had my money's worth out of it. It was particularly handy when grandchildren came with us in the summer and the caravan fridge struggled to cope with the number of bottles and cans of soft drinks. The cooler box out it the awning was the answer. Never tried it on the warm facility. Downsides (on mine anyway) it's quite noisy, wouldn't like to be sleeping out in the awning with it running. I wouldn't keep any perishable foods in it (during summer anyway) at 12 to 14 degrees below ambient it can still be too warm for that.

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
like the look of the cool box from the link u gave so i may just invest in one next week. We have the grandchildren coming for 4 nights and with the extra drinks, etc. the cool box sounds just the thing. thanks for the link.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
In awe of all you gents - how the devil do you manage to stop the other half filling up you box with veg, fruit, and all the other 'good for you things' instead of the 'good to you' things ?
Over the years, I have bought increasingly bigger cool boxes with the hope of getting a corner for myself, but so far no luck, and anything bigger I will not be able to move.
I have the same problem with the caravan fridge re ice cubes - like one tiny tray allowed. Have to admit that the grub is excellent, but short of taking my own shed, how do I get some chill space ?

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Ray S said:
In awe of all you gents - how the devil do you manage to stop the other half filling up you box with veg, fruit, and all the other 'good for you things' instead of the 'good to you' things ?
short of taking my own shed, how do I get some chill space ?

You have a point there Ray, I have noticed the fruit and veg scenario creeping in, think I will put my foot down before it goes too far!!
Mind you the OH likes a cool glass of Guinness so dont think she would take it to the extreme,
think your answer though would be to buy another one
12.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts