Electric Frying/Roasting Pans

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Im really new to all this but just having came back from our first holiday in the caravan, I am wondering if anyone could advise me regarding an all in one frying roasting pan/oven. I have seen several makes on ebay but not quite sure if the power/wattage maybe too high.

Has anyone used the Andrew James Multi Frying roasting appliances.

I am at a total loss whether these would be suitable for a caravan with ehu.

Thank you

Jellygirl

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Hello Jellygirl

We use ours for most things from a full breakfast to slow cooking steak, if it will fit in it will cook it ;) just don't try to cook things too fast. We have had our for over five years ..... we also have a small seven ltr halogen cooker, as long as you don't have everything on at once you will be ok,

IMG-20131011-00649_zps11ce1665.jpg

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
I know quite a few fellow caravanners who have got Remoska cookers and swear by them. Personally, I haven't got one but do take a Philips Airfryer in the caravan - it works fine on a 6amp hookup. It doesn't just fry, according to the recipe book you can bake a cake in it! We've only used it for chips, sausages, fish, steaks etc

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
whats a frying pan? :lol:
I grill everything and serve poached eggs, trying to stay healthy :p
I heard that the B&M budget supermarket were selling electric multi-cookers last week for £20

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
For quick, easy cooking and cleaning I am a fan of the Teppanyaki Grill Table, available in Aldi or LIDL and I noticed now in our local caravan dealership, White Arches. Priced between £20/30-00 they are ideal for chops, sausages, burgers and a whole lot more. To clean you need 3 sheets of Kitchen Roll, use two to take of the main remnants and the other one to finish clean the surface, total time 20/30 seconds. They are also quite light in weight which is a good thing.

Aug 17, 2017
Visit site
I got the 800g capacity one and it takes up quite a bit of space on the kitchen tabletop. Yes, I "air fry" fish tried a twice.. First time, stupidly just put into the net.. The fish skin stick like h*ll and the texture was very dry! Second time, I used a few layers of baking sheets and oil the fish and it turned out better. But again the cleaning is a nightmare. And yes, there will be smell when cooking and I find that after cooking fish, it smells fishy. Don't close the lid after frying fish and air it for a few days before using again.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
crazyguider said:
I know this isn't frying, but I also take my pressure cooker - saves time and space.
I don't grill because our grill is too small!

Our pressure cooker is a much travelled item that’s never been used in the van. It always seemed to get brought out in our camping days just prior to departure when the car was chock full of kids, dogs and gear. Eventually its owner got the hint that you do things differently in France :)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
SWMBO, bought a 3 litre electric pressure cooker for the caravan, so its stowed nicley in the bottom cupboard of the wardrobe, in the winter it is used a lot though. Set the timmer on it to come on when you want and everything is ready for when you get back.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
My word Hutch ,
have you not palmed that off to somebody yet ; have you still got that pressure cooker ! ? ! ? :p

Craig, it's not the big 5 litre one, that's at home in the kitchen now. :p

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I see the tepanyaki grills a lot when we are on EHU sites. I do however prefer my cadac as we are off grid a lot and it is essentially a gas powered tepanyaki pan with a lid. (much safer in the rain as well :whistle:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts