Electrical fault Abbey GTS Vogue 1999

Jul 9, 2017
Visit site
Hi

I have a Abbey 416 1999 and last time I took it away (2 months ago) the electrics worked perfectly.

I am going away this Sunday, so I had it drawn out of storage and it was connected up to the mains (battery level full). However, my wife and her father could not lift the mains button to power up the mains.
I went over today to check the van and the mains turned on fine, but only the centre mcb actually worked, which is the plug sockets and two front lights (others were not working, maybe another mcb?)

I tried two new and working power cables, it was the same

Three different sockets

Fuses including beneath the seats and board itself

Released the board and checked for loose wiring, all were fine.

Any smells of burning or any blackened parts, nothing

There are no lights on the board at all, but the centre mcb works

Everything seems to be working fine on the battery, but I am unsure about the fridge as the light indication doesn't come on

I disconnected the heater cable and there was power there, but not much, I didn't have any tools to test the current, but It wasn't even enough to give much of a shock and the board didn't trip as I accidently shorted it! (Come on, awkward position).

So kind of at a loss. I live in the country and 6 out of 6 calls all said they don't travel to the area!

Lights that work off both mains and 12v do not work (on main) but my two 240v frnot lights that are mains only do work.

The toilet flush, pump, heater, fridge, 12v and mains lights all not working

Please could you help? I'm hoping to still go on holiday with a 2 year old and an 19 month old!

It is a power modular system pms 2000
(I couldn't upload the image)

Thanks in advance

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts