Electrolux Fridge not getting cold on gas

Aug 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi I have an Electrolux fridge in my Bailey ranger, the fridge works fine when on mains (down to 4 Deg C in a few hours), however when on gas it did not drop below 13 Deg C after being on all night. The freezer compartment works fine and it keeps food frozen solid its just the main fridge compartment. The fridge lights with no problems and you can see a blue flame through the spy hole, the flue outside gets warm also. The fridge has previously worked fine when on gas up until now. So before I call out the experts is there anything else I can check and maybe save the pennies in these times of need.

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Trevor,

If the fridge is working correctly on mains electrical power - then the cooling circuit is obviously working properly.

But if the fridge is only working to a lesser extent on gas - you might want to check several things:

1. Have you got the gas knob at the position for maximum cooling?

2. Have you had the fridge serviced recently? Maybe something wasn't reassembled correctly - like the position of the jet or baffle.

3. Have you ignored fridge servicing? Then it could be a problem with the jet blocking, or soot build up in the flue, etc.

4. Have you traced the gas system from the bottle to the fridge? Are all the manifold taps fully open? Do you have a part blocked regulator? Does the gas hob work properly?

Did you check the actual icebox temperatures on mains and gas? Because that would have been a useful diagnostic aid - unfortunately any temperature below zero will keep frozen food frozen...

Robert

Aug 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi Robert,

The control knob was set to maximum and when you sdjust it you can see the flame adjust accordinly through the spy hole. The caravan was serviced last year but the engineer did not go anywhere near the fridge, so I doubt that anything has been put back together incorrectly. The gas hob and hot water heater all work fine as it is but I am going to try another gas bottle as this one is under half full. As for the ice box I place an ice cube tray with water last night and they made ice cubes, so we can definately say it will freeze. I do beleive that something is holding the fridge back so it looks more and more like a job for the experts.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts