enduro motor mover remote

Sep 1, 2022
Visit site
As you may remember my old caravan has a Enduro motor mover the reciever sets it self up ok but alas we have no remote have taken a chance and bought a modern handset which operates a few different movers using the picture in the manual I have. I have tried setting it up per the instructions. no luck so far my son who is more electronic savvy is going to try this weekend. I was wondering if he has no joy I was wondering if I replaced my reciever for a purple line Quattro enduro would this operate my motors/ my motors consume 20amperes aprox the Quattro is 19 amperes aprox max current is my one 120ampere and quattro is 119amperes anyone any thoughts??

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
I very much expect that any matched controller & its handset would marry with your motors, opening up seeking what alternative used controllers are out there to be purchased at way cheaper prices than chasing something too specific.
Something like this?

In addition, there are people out there offering to refurbish mover controllers. Google search them out.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2022
Visit site
I very much expect that any matched controller & its handset would marry with your motors, opening up seeking what alternative used controllers are out there to be purchased at way cheaper prices than chasing something too specific.
Something like this?

In addition, there are people out there offering to refurbish mover controllers. Google search them out.
Thankyou thats what I thought but my son is coming over to see if he can sort it its an old van we are 66yrs and 63 yrs old and we want to caravan!!

Sep 1, 2022
Visit site
Something like this?

yes I found a quattro reciever and remote which has exactly the same connections as mine asking £70.00 at the moment ebay auction.

Reactions: JTQ
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I can think of two reasons why you need to be cautious about trying to marry a controller to a different motor system.

The first concern is the drive current capacity of the controller may not be enough for motors. This could be the case if motors on your mover have a higher operating current than the controller is designed for. Just because it has the same connections does not mean it is used with the same motors.

And the second concern, is if your mover has auto engage, or not and whether the new controller has the same interconnection signal protocols.

Even controllers from the same manufacturer but for different models might have different internals and or programming.

Good luck.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Of course as always there is a need for caution, but the risks here are trivial.

Here the OP has an Enduro, so auto engage was not a feature on that model.

Here the drive motors are 12 vDC brushed /commutator design, and the product sold for a wide range of van masses and use on differing surfaces and inclines.

These are dumb loads and the current draw will vary widely, but the characteristics of the controller will limit those, and the switching and soft start employed will dominate here. It is the inherent features of the componentry of the controller, not the motors used that is critical, and these will be suited to do the job, irrespective of the motors of this generic type they actually drive.

Sep 1, 2022
Visit site
Of course as always there is a need for caution, but the risks here are trivial.

Here the OP has an Enduro, so auto engage was not a feature on that model.

Here the drive motors are 12 vDC brushed /commutator design, and the product sold for a wide range of van masses and use on differing surfaces and inclines.

These are dumb loads and the current draw will vary widely, but the characteristics of the controller will limit those, and the switching and soft start employed will dominate here. It is the inherent features of the componentry of the controller, not the motors used that is critical, and these will be suited to do the job, irrespective of the motors of this generic type they actually drive.
checking current consumption figures average consumption is 20amps aprox the quattro is 19amps aprox max current for mine is 120amps aprox Quattro is 119amps aprox so would seem ok to use a quattro reciever and remote??

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
checking current consumption figures average consumption is 20amps aprox the quattro is 19amps aprox max current for mine is 120amps aprox Quattro is 119amps aprox so would seem ok to use a quattro reciever and remote??

Yes.

However, don't get carried away bidding too high, there are traders out there that refurbish this type of kit.

First though, I would get the son to recheck that the existing handset has been "paired" with the controller, or at least the attempt was done correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gerry N
Sep 1, 2022
Visit site
Yes.

However, don't get carried away bidding too high, there are traders out there that refurbish this type of kit.

First though, I would get the son to recheck that the existing handset has been "paired" with the controller, or at least the attempt was done correctly.
I am thinking £70-80 if I have to go down this route

Sep 1, 2022
Visit site
Good morning all,
May have had a result, I contacted A R electronics who make the remotes explaining the problem, and they have suggested that if I send both the remote and my reciever /controller they will sycronize the remote to my controller for £15.00 plus return postage, OR if my controller is faulty then the repair would be £100 plus return postage. My controller seems to be ok switch on the power and it does its own tests and the tests say the unit is fine so I wonder what the result will be IF I have to send the unit off.

Reactions: otherclive

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Are there not instructions, even on line for the user to synchronise, or "pair" the handset to the controller unit?
Typically, this is a user facility one sometimes required in initial installing and certainly where a new handset is needed.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Are there not instructions, even on line for the user to synchronise, or "pair" the handset to the controller unit?
Typically, this is a user facility one sometimes required in initial installing and certainly where a new handset is needed.
My Powrtouch and Reich both had instructions for synch in the handbook.

Sep 1, 2022
Visit site
My Powrtouch and Reich both had instructions for synch in the handbook.
I have instructions for the enduro motor mover and instructions that came with the new remote, unfortunately I never saw the original remote so gambled on it being the same as the picture on the user manual.

Sep 1, 2022
Visit site
I have instructions for the enduro motor mover and instructions that came with the new remote, unfortunately I never saw the original remote so gambled on it being the same as the picture on the user manual.
It could be me that is not getting the sync right, Still waiting for my son to come over he had to work the weekend he,s hoping to come this afternoon. he is more "savvy" with theses things than I am

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
It could be me that is not getting the sync right, Still waiting for my son to come over he had to work the weekend he,s hoping to come this afternoon. he is more "savvy" with theses things than I am

Handset have to be paired, synchronised with controllers; a process that agrees between them that particular handset can command that particular controller.

If you watch the video I have linked to on post #18 above you will see that doing this task is simplicity itself, not one requiring any depth of electronic understanding.
Dare I say way easier than all the effort you and others are expending trying to sort your problem out. Doing this is fundamental to be able to use the handset, without it being done you will get nowhere.

Sep 1, 2022
Visit site
The method as described was done 1st my enduro is the earlier type with reset switch at the back and red flashing led. that did not work then tried the pairing instructions as per AR electronics instructions, who supplied the new remote (as you cannot get a remote for this type from Purple line) no joy. The problem could be it is the earlier type of mover (around 1997)

Sep 1, 2022
Visit site
Just to update you all I contacted A&R electronics where the remote came from sent the controller and remote to them,The problem was wrong remote and they checked and "syncronized" replacement remote to controller and only charged me £15.00 which I thought was reasonable in this day and age. I never new what sort of remote I needed so Gambled by going for the one on the cover of my user manual.All sorted now just have to refit when it comes back

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts