Essentially equipment

Jul 2, 2020
Hi guys I have just bought a caravan and was wondering is there a list of essentials I need to buy b4 we head of on our first adventure cheers

Jul 18, 2017
Battery if it has not got one. Aquaroll, wastemaster, EHU lead, drain pipe for waste water. Of course crockery, cutlery, glasses, pots and pans.

Nov 11, 2009
Here’s one from the Caravan and Motorhome Club. If you Google search essential caravan checklist there’s quite a few out there. You can then decide what the essentials are fir your first trip out. And build on it from there on.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2016
Before rushing out and buying new have a look on eBay or gumtree for used equipment, particularly caravan step, water and waste hog, hook up leads etc, you’ll save a fortune.
Examine equipment sold in caravan shops carefully, some of it is really poor quality and won’t last the distance.

Nov 11, 2009
Before rushing out and buying new have a look on eBay or gumtree for used equipment, particularly caravan step, water and waste hog, hook up leads etc, you’ll save a fortune.
Examine equipment sold in caravan shops carefully, some of it is really poor quality and won’t last the distance.

Also Caravan Club classifieds have some good gear for sale and you can search by region.

Jul 18, 2017
Good suggestions, but even better is www.preloved.co.uk

Jan 3, 2012
Also look on freeads.co.uk

May 7, 2012
If you are going out to a dealer for the basics suggested by Buckman you might ask if they will give you a discount for the bulk buy.
If buying electrical equipment do be aware of the limitations of the power supply on some sites. Most are now 16 amps and will accept most things, but some care is needed. Sopme though may be only 10 amps and you can trip the fuse switch if you are not careful. On that basis avoid the very powerful versions of items, especially the kettle as they cam overload the system. More basic kettles with a lower wattage are the best bet. The other most likely problem item is a hair dryer, but you can use the lower power settings on these if other electrical items are running.

Jul 3, 2020
Gas bottles and Gas bottle spanner...

A piece of kit I didn't realise one needed, well in my defence even though I'd been camping for many years, most of these was in a trailer tend, with a 2 burner and grill, so always used to Blue Colour gas... Didn't realise that you need to ensure that when you've connected the Red 6kg bottles, you need to tighten the connection with a spanner!

Nov 16, 2015
If you use a shower in the caravan, then a second Aqua roll. , I dont bother with the low wattage kettles, ie, 600/900 watts always take a medium power one 1200watts, just make sure the boss doesnt dry her hair at the same time.
Don't buy light weight plates from Caravan shops , go to Dunelm.
Caravan shops meens £xxxx

Reactions: Tuningdrew
Jul 18, 2017
If you use a shower in the caravan, then a second Aqua roll. , I don't bother with the low wattage kettles, ie, 600/900 watts always take a medium power one 1200watts, just make sure the boss doesnt dry her hair at the same time.
Don't buy light weight plates from Caravan shops , go to Dunelm.
Caravan shops meens £xxxx
Even better buy Corelle plates. Best on the market and last forever. We have never used a torque wrench. For waste water we use one of these water connectors. No faffing around. We have a low wattage kettle which takes forever to boil, but you are on holiday so what is the rush? :D

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts