European Caravan Cover & Storage in France

Jun 29, 2020
Visit site
Does any-one have a source / secured Caravan Insurance with the Van being stored at a Site in France ? - All providers I have contacted to date assume you bring the Van home and store in the UK !

Jun 29, 2020
Visit site
Thanks . . . I would imagine what I plan is not an uncommon arrangement - I think its just that insurers are unable to assess the risk of the storage place. Yet my view is the highest risk of fire, theft and damage / collision is when touring ! . . . .

Jun 29, 2020
Visit site
For anyone looking for an answer . . after detailed searches and conversations with several Insurers I found 3 companies that will consider long term European cover including storage in France. These are Towergate, Intasure and Shield.
I went with the cover offered by Shield, not the cheapest but it was in my view the most comprehensive covering contents, awning and optional equipment fitted such as motor movers etc. and they asked very pertinent questions including what was my towing vehicle, which none of the other Insurers asked about. I hope this might help some-one else out there . . . as there was a few days when I really thought I was boxed in a corner without cover !

Jun 16, 2021
Visit site
Hi everyone
The problem that Stan2567 raised in 2020 is now even worse. I have contacted over a dozen insurers, starting with Towergate, Shield and IntaSure and only one of them is prepared to insure for a caravan stored in France (and then only for 180 days) at a cost of over £800!! And this is for a 2018 Elddis Crusader Mistral. I am now facing the problem of not having caravan insurance and not being able to recover the caravan from France due to the lockdown here and there. Has anyone found any insurer that will insure their caravan at a reasonable price when it is stored in France in 2021?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Given the latest EU decision about non essential travel UK is on the "naughty step' on account of the ring cases of the Delta variant. Even with insurance I doubt that travel to fetch it back will be anytime soon. Thats a difficult situation for you though.

Jun 16, 2021
Visit site
Understood - but my question wasn't so much about the sorry situation we find ourselves in (which isn't great obvs..) but more to others who are storing their vans abroad as to whether they are encountering the same insurance problems or if they have found a solution?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts