Eurotunnel, advance passenger information

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
I don't know if people are aware but if you are travelling after 1 April 2015 on Eurotunnel you have to register all passengers with them before you go. You can do it on line via the link below:

Link: http://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/advance-passenger-information/

According to Parliamentary guidance, ferry companies will be required to collect the same information on arrivals and departures.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201415/cmselect/cmhaff/712/71203.htm

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I thought that was the idea off our passports control ? We are booked onto it in August , so you've just got prove who is in the car with passports when exiting .

May 15, 2011
Visit site
We came home through the tunnel on Tuesday this week.

They certainly appear to have tightened up the checks on passports compared with the last couple of years. On arrival at the terminal, we were offered an earlier train than we had booked, but ended up missing it. Although there were only a half dozen cars ahead of us in the queues, it took more than 30 minutes to get through the French and English border controls.

Keith

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
We have passage booked through the Caravan Club mid April so I checked with them and Members will need to fill the online form on the Tunnel website above. This will cut down waiting time on the day for you and your fellow passengers behind too. It is basically your Passport Details as you already fill in other details when you book with the Caravan Club,
The Tunnel is ahead with doing this all Ferries will have to follow suit sooner or later.
Dianne..

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
This will cut down waiting time on the day for you and your fellow passengers behind too. It is basically your Passport Details as you already fill in other details when you book with the Caravan Club,
The Tunnel is ahead with doing this all Ferries will have to follow suit sooner or later.???

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
For the record the Eurotunnel web site is/was wrong (depending when you are ready this) - the new checks started on the 8th April, not the 1st.

I checked with P&O (I normally use DFDS but P&O are cheaper this year) who advise that the only difference will be that instead of the check-in person looking at your passport it will be put through a scanner - the same as they do at airports. In April 25% of passengers will have their picture and their visage compared, increasing to 50% in May and 100% by July.

I don't see it causing any problems provided they keep buses and people carriers apart from cars - after all the check-in will be able to see two or even four people in a car but every person on a coach or in a PC will have to be individually 'viewed.'

What I fear is getting a very late or very early ferry and being behind a PC with a load of sleeping children in the back who will have to be woken up. Agh!!!

Remember, the idea of a check-in and a separate Border Control has been the norm when returning from France since 2003(?) and that never seems to cause any issues. Like as not (as ever) the UK side will find some way of gold-plating it and generating queues!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Once you have your booking ref. send the operator an email with your passport details. They only want full names and date of birth, not the passport number according to a reply just received from Brittany Ferries.

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
The request I got from Eurotunnel said " The information we will require from you and each of your passengers travelling will be:

• Name
• Surname
• Nationality
• Document type
• Document number
• Issuing state
• Expiry date

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi we went via tunnel last week and they scan took seconds, we hadnt pre reg as it was a last min day trip.
If reg on line this has to been done each time you leave the UK, I wrongly assumed that once reg this would be held on file. The biggest hold up was for going through French control.

Having said that we were delayed for an hour so there was a bit of a back log of vehicles.
Maddy

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
We travelled on Euro tunnel on the 15th April 3.27 am train from UK they never looked at our passports in UK control and no one in the French control.

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
So much for all the scare stories which appeared in the papers about long queues and delays at Eurotunnel Passport control. We travelled from Folkestone yesterday and the routine was no different from a year ago. Four vehicles at a time were directed into the security inspection bays then all the others passed by for the next five minutes. The guy at the British passport kiosk saw the covers of our passports and waved us on; the French operator was busy on his mobile and just ignored us. Coming back was slightly more thorough with slow-moving queues as passports were scanned and compared with faces. The French weren't interested and the Customs bays looked as though they had knocked off for the day.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Recently returned Caen to Portsmouth. Passport examination at Caen very brief. At Portsmouth Brittany Ferries announcement warned of possible significant delays at border control, and these did in fact happen. around 50 minutes from going up the ramp until leaving the port - all for passports, not bothered by Customs.
Prime reason may have been several coachloads of school children - since all passports seemed to be scanned this must have taken a while and tied up some officers who would otherwise have been processing vehicles. Examining officer did ask whether the caravan had been locked before boarding and whether i had checked it before disembarkation and seemed very happy that I both had been done.

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
RayS said:
Recently returned Caen to Portsmouth. Passport examination at Caen very brief. At
Prime reason may have been several coachloads .

At Eurotunnel Calais coaches were queuing at border control with the cars but when a coach reached the kiosk it was moved over into another bay where everyone got off and queued to go into a portacabin (presumably to have their passport scanned) whilst other guys checked the empty coach.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts