Exterior cleaning

Feb 27, 2020
Visit site
Hello Guys.

What's the easiest way to clean the outside of a caravan. All I have is a hosepipe and no pressure washer.

Are there certain chemicals to use or will car shampoo work?

Finally can you buy some kind of long brush attachment for connecting to the hose?

Thanks again.

Mick

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hello Guys.

What's the easiest way to clean the outside of a caravan. All I have is a hosepipe and no pressure washer.

Are there certain chemicals to use or will car shampoo work?

Finally can you buy some kind of long brush attachment for connecting to the hose?

Thanks again.

Mick
Pressures washers are not recommended. I use a hose pipe with a variable spray outlet nozzle. I’ve always used Fenwicks Caravan Cleaner followed by a spray of Fenwicks Booby Dazzler. Occasionally I polished it with Autoglym but more recently I used Autoglym Aquawax. Everyone has their preferred approach so stand by for many more options.
In winter it would be washed then sprayed with Fenwicks Overwintering fluid. Keeps mould at bay.

Yes you can buy extendable soft long brushes that fix to the hosepipe. I’ve found them to leak or break at the connector to the hose when doing the roof. So I just used to dip it in a bucket of Fenwicks and apply the cleaner that way.

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
The easiest way I find is to get my wife to do it :)
Other than that I have used the Fenwicks products and they are ok but now use the good stuff that I bought for my car, then if I'm feeling brave and don't mind my shoulder screaming at me I'll give it a polish with Autoglym and then a wax coat on top of that.
I have a brush that connects to the hose, but find it too cumbersome with the hose attached so use it without for the roof
Undiluted Fenwicks is pretty good at getting off any black streaks and cif is good for the textured plastics

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I have a pressure washer but it is never used on the caravan, so as others have suggested i have a through-flow extendable brush but use it without the hose attached - usually it leaks and easily disconnects and I don't like the free cold shower that ensues! I bought an almost rectangular bucket used with a dilution of my preferred product then dip the brush-head and wash a bit at at time, although a sponge to dip helps to remove any obstinate bits and also clean around the aerial etc.. I then rinse off with a hose on a sprinkler setting! I also put the caravan step inside, fully open the Heki and then reach out with the sponge to clean around the roof that is concealed from outside when the Heki is closed. Caravan paint is very thin so avoid any products that have any abrasive content. I like Mer for detailed cleaning of the front and back panels, that can be used neat as spot cleaner/polish or dilute for washing.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Same as Clive but in between the annual full Autoglym treatment Fenwicks caravan shampoo followed by a spraying with Fenwicks Bobby Dazzler. Then whilst away in quiet times a waterless wash and polish all in one with Greased Lightning Show room shine.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We used a pressure washer no issue, but one needs to use common sense and not use the jet around the seals like windows, lockers and doors. We found that Autoglym shampoo was excellent and for polish with used Meguirs 3 step polish. Very hard work, but the results are amazing.
On our current caravan we had Paintseal applied so not worries about washing and polishing etc.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Same as Clive but in between the annual full Autoglym treatment Fenwicks caravan shampoo followed by a spraying with Fenwicks Bobby Dazzler. Then whilst away in quiet times a waterless wash and polish all in one with Greased Lightning Show room shine.
DD it works because your caravan looks Stunning :)

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
I prefer car shampoo-autoglym and a brush and hose if you have it-have a cordless pressure washer that manages hosepipe pressure nothing more. The Autoglym super resin polish topped up with carplan number one topgloss for easy application-goes on like water!

Reactions: Kevin M

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts