Eye watering and others!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
While out shopping in Malvern we decided to add some fuel to the diesel after our trip to NEC yesterday. It is now an eye watering £1.57 a litre! Only stuck in 25 litres of diesel. However that was the beginning of the troubles on our shopping trip.
Did a small shop at LIDL in Malvern and set off to Sainsbury in Worcester to do the rest of the shopping. Unfortunately road at round about is totally flooded and impassable, but lucky we knew a back route so a detour of 10 miles. About a mile from Worcester coming down another back road we could see cars stacked up that were heading into the town, so another minor detour down some back side streets to get to Sainsbury. Did shopping and most of the items were wanted not on the shelves as delivery vehicles unable to get through.
While in Sainsbury for the 1st time since the pandemic started we decided to try their Smartshop which gives you discounted prices on goods. Eventually gave up on Smartshop and decided shopping from the comfort of home was the way to go! LOL! :D

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
On my way home from ordering three fence panels, the wireless news in the car, was stating that the fuel prices, will be going up due to the Conflict in Ukraine, my local Texaco garage has diesel at £1.57 a litre, Tesco was at £1.47 a litre, but the pumps were crowded, and some were not operating.
So I think my caravanning trips will be a lot nearer to home than previous.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
On my way home from ordering three fence panels, the wireless news in the car, was stating that the fuel prices, will be going up due to the Conflict in Ukraine, my local Texaco garage has diesel at £1.57 a litre, Tesco was at £1.47 a litre, but the pumps were crowded, and some were not operating.
So I think my caravanning trips will be a lot nearer to home than previous.
After my trip back from Wales last weekend I topped both cars up and it was still a reasonable 142.9, but today at our local Tesco the Esso is 146.9. At least people don’t seem to have been panicking like a few months back.

Both cars are petrol.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts