Eye watering difference

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
Am I correct in understanding that you are drawing attention to the price of Dometic Powercare at the CC shop and comparing that price to an on-line price for Dometic Powercare tablets elsewhere, but you don't know if you are comparing like for like?

Don't you feel it's incumbent upon you to check before posting if your post is intended to warn fellow forum members?

Arguably taken at face value some reading your post will shy away from the CC shop purely on the strength of your post! Is that fair?

Hopefully, in the fullness of time you will research the true situation and post to confirm your assertion or, as it were, put the record straight.

Reactions: Bluetonic
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Am I correct in understanding that you are drawing attention to the price of Dometic Powercare at the CC shop and comparing that price to an on-line price for Dometic Powercare tablets elsewhere, but you don't know if you are comparing like for like?

Don't you feel it's incumbent upon you to check before posting if your post is intended to warn fellow forum members?

Arguably taken at face value some reading your post will shy away from the CC shop purely on the strength of your post! Is that fair?

Hopefully, in the fullness of time you will research the true situation and post to confirm your assertion or, as it were, put the record straight.

On checking again it is exactly the same size container as same weight. Apparently Dometic only do one size of container.
However why doesn't the CAMC clarify the contents as surely it is easy to state on the website that the container is for 16 sachets?
BTW the CAMC site came up in a Google search and not by logging into the CAMC site. At first i thought it was for 2 containers, but it is only for one!

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Sounds way too expensive, I will stick to my Elsan double Blue.

Us, it will be a "full wash" shot of Sainsburys 2 in 1 Bio laundry fluid, now with Lavender & Jasmine, and an emptying each morning.

60 shots, for £3.50 This stuff.

Eking the pension out, getting my morning exercise, and as clean a cassette, as ever they are.
Six pence a day, at that we can stay all week.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Some have recommended Aldi bio laundry wash tablets too, which are again much cheaper than the Dometic.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Some have recommended Aldi bio laundry wash tablets too, which are again much cheaper than the Dometic.

We did try it, but the stench when emptying was unbearable for OH so gave up on that idea. We have tried various and the best is still the Elsan blue however for convenience and weight we use the tablets.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Elsan double blue has served us well for decades. I see no reason to change. If it’s a weight issue why not carry it in the car?

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
I am quite sure the real challenge with any cassette "chemicals" is to provide the ability to store urine and defecation products over time.

With wild camping that can be a requirement, but as any site has to provide loo emptying facilities, elsewhere it is not an "essential" camping requirement, simply empty quite promptly, say daily.

Scents can mask natural fresh defection product smells, and dyes bias the colour if either are personal issues, but unfortunately allow anerobic decomposition, then thing can quickly become overwhelming requiring some powerful, not environmentally nice intervention.

Empty quite frequently then there is no great ask for any serious chemical intervention.

The bio laundry products by their very purpose use enzymes to break down organic substances, in itself a useful process at least to initiate even in short term storage of what products our loos store.

Last edited:
May 7, 2012
Visit site
The simple answer id that if buying on line you will find some firms will be far cheaper than others on specific items so shopping around a bit is needed. At the same time no single supplier is cheapest on everything and so picking out individual items might help those who want that one but overall it proves only that shopping around can save money. Generally I have found the club shop competitive, but not always cheapest but the service was good. Not sure how the case in point came about or how the dealer could be that cheap though.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The simple answer id that if buying on line you will find some firms will be far cheaper than others on specific items so shopping around a bit is needed. At the same time no single supplier is cheapest on everything and so picking out individual items might help those who want that one but overall it proves only that shopping around can save money. Generally I have found the club shop competitive, but not always cheapest but the service was good. Not sure how the case in point came about or how the dealer could be that cheap though.

The average price for the Dometic container seems to be about £16 so cannot understand why the club has it at double the price. I agree that generally service is good and prices competitive.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Is it OK to use Bio Laundry tabs/liquid on sites which only let you use Green ( not Blue) toilet fluid.? I assume so but would like to know for sure.
thanks
mel

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Is it OK to use Bio Laundry tabs/liquid on sites which only let you use Green ( not Blue) toilet fluid.? I assume so but would like to know for sure.
thanks
mel
They should be okay as they don’t contain formaldehyde which is what counts against blue toilet fluids.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
We use One Chem bio. Usually comes in pairs for £18 or less. It is a 1L bottle but you only need 25ml in the waste container and if you wish 8ml in the cistern.
So if you don't use it in the cistern that comes out as 22.5p per shot - rather cheaper I would guess than many 1.5 or 2L bottles of other makes?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We use One Chem bio. Usually comes in pairs for £18 or less. It is a 1L bottle but you only need 25ml in the waste container and if you wish 8ml in the cistern.
So if you don't use it in the cistern that comes out as 22.5p per shot - rather cheaper I would guess than many 1.5 or 2L bottles of other makes?
That’s what we used and the bottle with its own integrated dose measure was very useful.

Jul 23, 2021
Visit site
thanks
mel
Only if the tabs/liquid are approx for use with a septic tank system.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
thanks
mel
Only if the tabs/liquid are approx for use with a septic tank system

In the case of Sainsburys' 2in1 Bio Liquid, there is included on the label the specific statement:

"Safe for use with septic tanks".

Edit: See THIS LINK where, stated under the heading "Description" the same wording
"Safe for use with septic tanks."

So no danger there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mel and Tobes

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts