F.A.O. Frank and Sue

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
In your comment on adult sites were the noisy teenagers at Naburn Lock or another site? We are booked in to Naburn this weekend . . . . .

Mike E

Sep 11, 2005
Visit site
Sorry to have alarmed you Mike! The noisy teenagers were on a different site. (sigh of relief...)We booked Naburn Lock on the recommendation of someone I work with. I would certainly go again to stay in the "adult" bit. I did have some slight reservations about the family bit. When we were there, there was no seperate play area for children & they were playing football etc. between the vans. However, there was a rally on at the time & it may be that it was on the field where children can usually play. We thought Naburn had a friendly, holiday atmosphere without being over-noisy. Unfortunately, I suppose it depends who is there at the time. The other site I referred to was lovely when the teenagers weren't there.

Regards

Sue

ps let us know how you go on!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Another sigh of relief - this time from me. Many thanks for your prompt reply; I was having nightmare visions of trying to re-book elsewhere at 48 hours notice. Will let you know how our trip went.

Mike E

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi again Frank and Sue,

Just back from Naburn Lock - will be going back again to show grandson sights of York; though not in the adults only section of course. Took the bus into York and the waterbus back - this being a fiendish plot to avoid searching, and paying for, hard to find parking places. Also the amount of shopping we could carry back would limit the damage to the 'plastic'.

You would not BELIEVE to amount of hand luggage they let you take on the waterbus ! ! ! ! !

Still thanks for your advice,

Mike E

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts