f.a.o swift

May 10, 2009
Visit site
hi swift around 12 parts of my interier from my challenger 625 2009 have proplems they have to be returned to leisure direct the problem was reported when we got our van in march 2009 we were tolled it would all go back in ooctober 2009 and take 6 to 8 weeks to come back we are now being tolled that their has been a mix up with swift and leisure direct over warrenty claims that my interier has not left the dealler ship and it will now be feb befour they will be picked up nearly 5 months my van has been at the deallers and i dont feel this is good enough i would like to get to the bottom of this whats going on and when my interia will get fixed

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
leanne, your contract is with your dealer. put in google "sales of goods act quick facts" this will help you.

You caravan has inherant faults this means the faults were there at the time of sale but wasnt notice immediatly. I would write a letter rejecting the caravan because it has inherant faults and having it for that amount of time is not acceptable. Explain you have been patient and fair with them and you now want a replacement or a full refund. send a letter to them special delivery, a letter to swift special delivery and a copy to yourselves make sure you give them 14 days to reply.

if you contact consumer direct they maybe able to help you futher or dustydog ( alan) on here maybe able to advise you or help you more.

I had 2 faulty brand new sterlings. i had a replacement and that was also faulty so i got my money back for the van, awning and my motormover. i now own a bailey wyoming and i love it. I did alot of work myself but alan dusty dog helped me aswell.

good luck and keep us posted.

jo-anne

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Jo-Anne, you often tell us about the Sterlings that you quite rightly rejected and that you 'love your Bailey Wyoming' but a quick look throughout this forum will show that most makes of caravan can and do have faults including Baileys.

I wouldn't like members who try to get in touch with Swifts through this forum to think that if they switch to another manufacturer their troubles will all be over.

It's good to know that the Bailey that you love is being repaired tomorrow anyway, hope that all goes well ;0)

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
Leanne,

I am not aware of your case, so can you please email me your name, address and van details including chassis number and I will look into this with our customer services team and get some answers for you,

thanks

Andy

aspacey@swiftleisure.co.uk

May 10, 2009
Visit site
Leanne,

I am not aware of your case, so can you please email me your name, address and van details including chassis number and I will look into this with our customer services team and get some answers for you,

thanks

Andy

aspacey@swiftleisure.co.uk
Hi swift just to let you know i have sent an e mail to you with all the info you required and i will keep you all up dated on the out come

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Jo-Anne, you often tell us about the Sterlings that you quite rightly rejected and that you 'love your Bailey Wyoming' but a quick look throughout this forum will show that most makes of caravan can and do have faults including Baileys.

I wouldn't like members who try to get in touch with Swifts through this forum to think that if they switch to another manufacturer their troubles will all be over.

It's good to know that the Bailey that you love is being repaired tomorrow anyway, hope that all goes well ;0)
steve i wasnt having a dig or at swift/sterling but just telling her what i have been through with the sterlings and telling her her rights and trying to be helpful . every make of caravan somewhere along the line will have faults on the odd van yes i agree and so do new cars and without us telling them they wouldnt know about the faults.

i do have to admit tho some faults arnt picked up in pdi why not is the question we should be asking the dealers and manu's

yes i do love my wyoming and yes it did have a new door lock today as many other manus have aswell but when they went to unpack the window the packaging was perfect but the window was damaged had was delaminated. you never know i might have to wait another 8 months for this one.

no hard feelings

jo-anne

May 10, 2009
Visit site
Hi looking for some more advice got an email back from swift on thursday to say it had been passed on to customer services and a messege on answering machine shortley after to say mutch the same but since then nothing how long should i give them to come up with a solution and am i wright to consider jo-anne idea of rejecting it as we have owned it 10 months and around 5 of these have been spent in the dealers this with other problems with the van have meant we have only been away 3 times and we are desparate to get away

May 10, 2009
Visit site
Quote "around 12 parts of my Swift interior have problems"

Is this another case of poor quality control at the manufacturers or a lack of a PDI.

Interesting.

Jim
Well thats what it seems thanks to swift my interior is away now to be fixed and should be back by next friday just go direct to caravan maker they sort the problems out for you

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts