Family campsites in Netherlands/Belgium/Germany 2021

Oct 12, 2020
Visit site
In a fit of optimism, I have booked a ferry crossing to take the caravan from Newcastle to Amsterdam in August 2021.

Will be with her indoors and the two kids, aged 9 and 12.

Looking for a campsite with plenty to do for the chimps. Location can be anywhere within a few hours drive of Amsterdam ferry port. We've done France under canvas so looking at Netherlands, Belgium or Germany.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
We stayed that this one many years ago but it is worth checking. Not cheap but brilliant in every respect. Terspegelt

Also look at sites around and near Utrecht which are mainly in woodland/forests.

Reactions: Jemser

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Have a look at Duinrell. Not far from the ferry at the Hook and it has a theme park and a an indoor swimming pool. Stayed there some years ago with our foster son. He was about 14 I think. He was getting a bit old for the rides on the theme park as there were not many of the big white knuckle rides but still enough to keep him happy. Must have been some 8 years ago so may have upgraded. We got a train to Amsterdam from not far away. That was good too.
Mel

Oct 12, 2020
Visit site
Have a look at Duinrell. Not far from the ferry at the Hook and it has a theme park and a an indoor swimming pool. Stayed there some years ago with our foster son. He was about 14 I think. He was getting a bit old for the rides on the theme park as there were not many of the big white knuckle rides but still enough to keep him happy. Must have been some 8 years ago so may have upgraded. We got a train to Amsterdam from not far away. That was good too.
Mel

Fully booked for August 2021!

Oct 24, 2019
Visit site
We used to inspect for Alan Rogers Guides and thought Camping de Paal was one of the best we visited. Huge inland sand dune area. Have to say lots of the sites cater for children with sand pits that have stainless steel locks and canals. Zeeland area is south of the port and the campsites are popular with Germans escaping to the sun, it claims to have a special climate! Campsites were expensive though. Duinrell wasn't our favourite, huge and a bit like a theme park as I recall. This one had a good kid's club Camping Park & Wellness Ons Buiten, this one also nearby Camping De Pekelinge. This was another Camping en Villapark De Paardekreek. Strandcamping Groede was one that sticks in memory too. Its been a while I'll try and go through our old paperwork and sort which were which if you let me know.
Remembered one more Camping Julianahoeve probably with some 12 y.o.interest. Worth researching Camping de Paal though on their website and look at the dunes area which was huge full of interest and the pool area had slides. Also try Zoover website for campsite reviews.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mel and Hutch
Oct 12, 2020
Visit site
We used to inspect for Alan Rogers Guides and thought Camping de Paal was one of the best we visited. Huge inland sand dune area. Have to say lots of the sites cater for children with sand pits that have stainless steel locks and canals. Zeeland area is south of the port and the campsites are popular with Germans escaping to the sun, it claims to have a special climate! Campsites were expensive though. Duinrell wasn't our favourite, huge and a bit like a theme park as I recall. This one had a good kid's club Camping Park & Wellness Ons Buiten, this one also nearby Camping De Pekelinge. This was another Camping en Villapark De Paardekreek. Strandcamping Groede was one that sticks in memory too. Its been a while I'll try and go through our old paperwork and sort which were which if you let me know.
Remembered one more Camping Julianahoeve probably with some 12 y.o.interest. Worth researching Camping de Paal though on their website and look at the dunes area which was huge full of interest and the pool area had slides. Also try Zoover website for campsite reviews.
Thank you very much, that's really helpful.

Reactions: snjjns
Oct 24, 2019
Visit site
Just reviewed comments about Belgium! Camping Parc la Clusure was a good one but I guess I meant there weren't as many of its standard. Campsite owners did have a problem due to a (I believe) government directive to improve standards for static pitches so had less money to improve touring sites. The Dutch sites have some features for the young children especially like showers in the form of an elephant head and trunk, novelty shaped baths for infants. Comparing site fees for Benelux countries sees how they pay for the extras!! 2014 pitch prices in some sites in the Netherlands were over 54 Euro a night! They also have individual sanitary units on pitches on some sites. Beaches on the North Sea coast are amazing and the Netherlands is the place to go bicycling. Proper waymarked two lane cycle paths everywhere at the expense of road width.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts