FAO Catherine

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi Catherine, Just wondered what your stay at Stowford was like over Easter. We are thinking of going in July and would appreciate your comments. We have three young children. Let us know about the access as we have a large TA. Thanks Denise

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Denise,

Well due to the very good weather we have had a lovely time.There is a very long windy road from Barnstable to the road leading to the site,which my husband moaned about but we didn't have any problems with,but then we didn't pass any caravans on the other side of the road.It could be a bit different in July. The actual entrance to the site is no problem. When we arrived at 3.00 there was a caravan on our pitch which was a bit worrying,but it was one the site had been to busy to tow off!The site is very big but divided into different fields we were in field 5 and the first thing you notice is that most of the caravans are levelling out with a least 3 or 4 blocks of wood under the front steadies. This is not mentioned inthe brochure,so be prepared.The toilet block was excellent at all times(not a mop or bucket in sight!!) There are plenty of play areas for the children,the pool is basic no frills but was lovely and warm and changing rooms were clean and warm. the site has 3 bars but we didn't try them, the restaurant

was excellent. The fish and chip shop smelt good,but again didn't

go in there,but i'm sure the quality was good. it is a very busy site but still seemed to be quite peaceful.The site caters for everyone,but of course the weather helps. We would go again.

catherine

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Catherine, sounds like a good site. We are going with friends who are in a tent, so do they have any level pitchs! I don't think we have been anywhere needing to use blocks of wood - I'll have to warn my husband. Denise

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Both

We are off there for a week the last week of August.

Asked for a hardstand, not sure if you saw these pitches Catherine?

Allyson

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

Yes we were on a hardstanding,the field still slopes! We only needed one under the jockey wheel and used wheel chockes just in case!. We did drive around the site and looked at the other fields and they weren't quite as bad,but were a lot futher away from the pool,shop,etc. and were smaller pitch areas.If you look at a site map on their website you can see how big the site is. We thought pitches 702 - 720 in field 4 looked about the best.

catherine

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts