Fiamma Caravanstore

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would like to get a Fiamma Caravanstore for our caravan. My question is, when folded up into the bag does it foul the awning light? There is not a lot of space between the awning light and the awning rail, and I am worried that as I drive along the caravan store will bang against the awning light and damage the plastic lens.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ours fouls the awning light and does not do any damage to it, nor does it damage the paint work.

On a recent trip what I assume were strong side winds blew the awning up and over onto the roof, this again did no damage to it or the van. Neither while traveling have I found it to effect stability in any way.

What I would suggest though is go the whole hog and consider the latest Caravanstor.Zip-05, not the prettiest full/porch awning but very functional.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can't agree more, having owned a caravanstore and now a caravanstore zip there is so much more you can do with a zip. Also when it's all put together it seems as solid a rock. I used mine last weekend in strong winds and there were no problems at all.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have moved the awning light down on a couple of caravans

If you remove the screws you can drop the light about 2in and still cover the original holes.

On our present Ace Jubilee Statesman the door is in front of the wheel so there is enough roof behind the awning light to slide the Caravanstore back behind it for travelling.

We liked the Caravanstore so much that after several years we bought the "Zip"

I have mixed feelings about the "Zip" as although it may be rigid etc it suffers very badly from condensation on the inside of the hard plastic.

They have also made it so that it rolls up underhand rather than overhand as the Caravanstore did and solo I find this much more difficult.Also the fabric is different and tends to "bag" when rolling it up.

At least the "Zip" has better feet and so the denting of the van sides should no longer be a problem.

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
I had to move the awning light down a bit to accomodate the Caravanstore. this has been one of my best buys for years, especially on holiday in France. I left it on the van from march to October and am storing it in the garage over the winter. I have the original but have purchased the two side bits but have not used them yet. They do not appear to effect stability on the road and i always use the guy ropes on site for extra strength

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I had to move the awning light down a bit to accomodate the Caravanstore. this has been one of my best buys for years, especially on holiday in France. I left it on the van from march to October and am storing it in the garage over the winter. I have the original but have purchased the two side bits but have not used them yet. They do not appear to effect stability on the road and i always use the guy ropes on site for extra strength
Good point Andrew--if you don't tie down immediately there is a good chance that the Caravanstore will blow onto the van roof----been there done that --------

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I too moved the awning light down about 2" - all I could and still cover the original holes. I also use a pad of foam rubber above the awning light - about 8"x2" simply held on with some double sided stickies. Without this I found the awning could bang against the side of the van when parked in some directions to the wind and with the awning rolled up. This muffled thump in the middle of the night was disturbing, but the foam rubber solves the problem completely, does not show much when awning is out and also absorbs any banging while on tow.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts