Fiat Ducato 15 (2003

Jul 22, 2020
Visit site
hi- i am having a few jobs/ replacements done on my motorhome eg timing belt //water pump/ brakes/ oil sump . With regard to the water pump/ oil sump / brake discs and pads - can I have your recommendations . i used to pay for the best discs and pads I could buy but you never know what you are getting now as a lot of the past reputable makes are manaufactured elsewhere eg India. So if you can advise re best value products i would be most appreciative. Thanks

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
hi- i am having a few jobs/ replacements done on my motorhome eg timing belt //water pump/ brakes/ oil sump . With regard to the water pump/ oil sump / brake discs and pads - can I have your recommendations . i used to pay for the best discs and pads I could buy but you never know what you are getting now as a lot of the past reputable makes are manaufactured elsewhere eg India. So if you can advise re best value products i would be most appreciative. Thanks
What’s wrong with Indian manufacture. Having visited India and surrounding areas I have a high regard for their robust vehicles and from the way they drive I’d have no concerns about their brakes. But surely with so much kit being manufactured abroad by well recognised brands it’s almost impossible to answer your question. If you have doubts specify OEM parts obtained from the dealer supply chain. But many will have been made in Asia or Eastern Europe. For example tyres BridgeStone make their premium and lower priced ranges in the same factory in Turkey. But you are getting Bridgestone quality assurance and control.

Jul 22, 2020
Visit site
What’s wrong with Indian manufacture. Having visited India and surrounding areas I have a high regard for their robust vehicles and from the way they drive I’d have no concerns about their brakes. But surely with so much kit being manufactured abroad by well recognised brands it’s almost impossible to answer your question. If you have doubts specify OEM parts obtained from the dealer supply chain. But many will have been made in Asia or Eastern Europe. For example tyres BridgeStone make their premium and lower priced ranges in the same factory in Turkey. But you are getting Bridgestone quality assurance and control.

I will buy a product irrespective of where it is manufactured. Whereas I have in the past gone for well known more expensive brands i am now more focussed on getting best value ( quality and cost) .

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I do understand your concerns, There have been some horrendous reveals about the car parts industries with many counterfeit products masquerading as genuine parts, cost the same as genuine but failing to deliver the performance or safety of them.

I am perhaps lucky in so far I have brother in law who runs a successful repairs and servicing garage, and I trust their judgement on what parts to use. In many cases he insists on OEM spares for safety critical components, but will use pattern parts where he knows for example they also supply the manufacturer ( Many actually have the manufacturers marks on them but cost less).

Reactions: davlins

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts