First caravan (think it belongs in here)

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi folks, just bought my first van, and I think I probably belong in this section... It's a 1981 Alpine Sprite. Didn't pay much for her, but seems in very good condition for the age. Not found any signs of damp at all! Looking forward to the weather picking up a bit and getting her out, although a few things to do first; new battery, curtains, adjust brakes, check bearings etc....
Meet Myrtle :)
IMG_2271_zpsb05ec886.jpg

Mainly bought her to go to festivals in, as we are getting a bit tired of camping (Glastonbury this year will be the first).
I'm probably gonna be on here a lot pestering you kind folks, as I really know very little about vans, so I apologise in advance......

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
She's lovely. Same age and similar colours to our first caravan (when I was a lass)which was a 1981 Monza. Make sure you bring her to Stowford in May, she's sure to attractsome attention. Happy caravanning!

spardoe

Administrator
May 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi, this is Stacie at Practical Caravan. Hope you're well?
Thanks for sharing this great photo of Myrtle, she looks great. Same year as me, must be a good year to be born!
It's a great tale and I wondered if you wouldn't mind using this in the 'Your photos' section of the magazine? If so I'd be very grateful if you could get back to me shortly & also email me this photo as I cannot download it from the forum. My email is stacie@practicalcaravan.com
Thanks and look forward to hearing back from you soon. Stacie

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Just realised this is a very old post however it has awakened some distant memories. We had one of those for a couple of years and after its predecessor a Sprite 400 and due to the extra space we though it was brilliant. Never had any issue with it and the phone never stopped ringing when we put it up for sale. We actually with tounge in cheek advertised it at the price we originally paid and sold it the first day to a couple who didn't even try to get a reduction.
Lovely van.
Best wishes Brian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts